Hovercraft Eco Adventure & Wildlife Viewing
Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime. Your exclusive tour will start immediately at the cruise ship dock. There you will board a Blackbird Hovercraft and enjoy a narrated tour en route to a local beach. As you fly 20 inches over water, your tour guide will describe the operations of this “air cushion” vehicle and what makes a hovercraft eco-friendly. The pilot will take you over gentle waves and along the jagged shoreline before flying your craft from the water to the beach.
Make sure to have your cameras ready as the hovercraft transitions from sea to land. Pulling up onto the shore will be the ultimate display of what makes a hovercraft such a unique vessel. Once ashore, guests will get the opportunity to step out onto the remote beach and walk around the beautiful shoreline while taking in the breathtaking scenery.
1 hour 15 minutes
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Experience Alaska Tours, 11728 S Tongass Hwy, Ketchikan, AK 99901-9775
Guests will load into a Blackbird Hovercraft and take a flight from Ketchikan to a remote beach on another island. Throughout the flight, the pilot and Tour Guide will explain how a hovercraft operates and what makes the vessel so unique.
Once the guests have pulled up onto the shore, they will get to enjoy the beach looking for wildlife, beach combing, and taking pictures of surrounding area. Opportunity for taking pictures with the hovercraft in a remote setting.
On the way back to the pier, the guests take a scenic coastal cruise around Pennock Island. The Tour Guide will give a narrated tour of the surrounding points of interest, wildlife, totem poles and much more.
Departure Point :Ketchikan, Ketchikan, Alaska
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.