In the path of the Vikings
In the tracks of The Vikings - Group prize (up to 7)
More than a thousand years ago, Vikings and their ancestors lived in many places in Uppland, one of Sweden’s most ancient landscapes. The most famous site is, of course, the Kings’ Mounds in Gamla Uppsala, but also in central Uppsala are traces of the Vikings. Follow our guides and experience the true Viking heritage!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- 09:00 pickup at your hotel or the central station in Uppsala.
09:15 Rune Stone Guiding around the Cathedral and the University
Around the Uppsala Cathedral and in the University park there are a number of rune stones found at the cathedral and around Uppsala. They are often raised to the honor of a dead family member and you get a feeling of major tragedies from the history of the Vikings. Book a walking tour among Uppsala’s runes with one of our knowledgeable guides.
10:15 Back in the car for a trip outside the city to the kings mounts.
Old Uppsala is one of Sweden’s most important historical sites with the wellknown Kings Mounds. During the Iron Age there was a rich common hall, and Uppsala held its significance as a religious center. For a long time. Old Uppsala Museum shows the finds from the graves. New archaeological finds have opened up for exciting theories. The newly discovered pillars may have ruled the midwinter blots, including the important Riksblot, when both animals and humans were sacrificed.
11:45 We go back to Uppsala to end the journey at Uppsala castle, a good place to get souvenirs like Viking axes and Swedish handicrafts. Next to the castle is a great place for lunch.
13:00 Tour ends
Departure Point :Uppsala city
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A maximum of 7 people per booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.