Independence Seaport Museum Admission
Climb aboard two National Historic Landmark ships, the 1892 Cruiser Olympia and the WWII and Cold War Submarine Becuna. Maneuver an underwater robotic vehicle, fire a mock cannon and explore U.S. naval history. Visit the Workshop on the water to see wooden boat builders in action. Discover the atmosphere of Philadelphia’s historic shipyards with Diligence, the 1797 re-created gunboat once built in Philadelphia to defend this young country from pirates.
per adult from
1 to 2 hours
What's included :
- Independence Seaport Museum Admission
- Entry/Admission - Independence Seaport Museum
What's excluded :
- The listed price does not include parking fees. There are several public parking lots in the area as well as metered spots on the streets. Museum does not own a parking facility.
- Visit: Independence Seaport Museum, 211 S Columbus Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19106-3199
Visit two National Historic Landmark ships, the 1892 Cruiser Olympia and the WWII and Cold War Submarine Becuna. Olympia is known for being Admiral Dewey's flagship during the Spanish American War and also receiving the honor of bringing the soldier for internment for the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington Cemetery.
Becuna is a more modern day example of the technology and bravery of submariners in WWII and the Cold War. These ships will have ladders, hatches & gangways to navigate. The historic ships are not ADA accessible.
Explore two floors of the museum with exhibits that cover various maritime topics. Galleries include: Disasters on the Delaware: Historic Disasters and Modern Day Heroes, Tides of Freedom: African Presence on the Delaware River, Tattoo Lounge, Titanic Philadelphians, Boat Gallery, Underwater Gallery, and more.
Observe working wooden boats builders in action, in the Workshop on the Water and as they build the schooner Diligence. This gunboat was built in 1797 in Philadelphia to defend this young country from pirates. This new exhibit and ship is inside the museum, making it all the more impressive.
Departure Point :Independence Seaport Museum, 211 S Columbus Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19106-3199
Departure Time :10/17/2020 - 3/3/2021
3/4/2021 - 3/18/2021
Saturday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM Sunday: 12:00 PM - 05:00 PM
3/19/2021 - 9/30/2021
Saturday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM Sunday: 12:00 PM - 05:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible within the museum
- Not wheelchair accessible on two historic ships
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Ships will close if extreme weather such as snow, ice or high temperatures.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Plastic partitions have been installed at points of sale & staff is required to wear gloves during all transactions. Submarine Becuna is closed at this time for safety reasons. We've moved to a timed ticketing system, times will be assigned to visit the exhibits & Olympia upon arrival.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.