Jasper Rafting Athabasca Canyon Run
The Athabasca River Canyon Run starts at the base of the Athabasca Falls. Raft 15 kilometers down the majestic Athabasca Valley in Jasper National Park. This 3-hour round trip provides spectacular canyon scenery that combined with moderate rapids make this an adventure ideal for the whole family. All trips are in 8 person guided rafts.
per adult from
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Professional photographer guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off, please call to make arrangements
- All rafting equipment provided
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- After a 30-minute bus drive from town, you'll suit up in your rafting gear. Your safety is always a main concern so prior to departure on the river, your guides will provide a safety talk. All our guides are trained in First Aid, CPR and are federally licensed. After the safety talk there is a 5-minute portage down a road (built for Marilyn Monroe!) to the river.
The river trip starts with a bang. Starting at the base of the spectacular Athabasca Falls, you'll raft 15 kilometers down the majestic Athabasca Valley. Once out in the main current, the first set of rapids is only seconds’ way. Once these rapids have soaked everyone in the raft, you'll find yourself in a spectacular canyon only seen from the river.
For the next 30-minutes, there are no trails or roads next to the river - it is just you and the river. The canyon ends with another set of rapids and amazing views of the Athabasca River valley. Once back at the highway, it is about 20 minutes to the town site. There are many sections of rapids but also flat sections to enjoy and learn about the natural surroundings. All trips are in 8 person-guided rafts.
Athabasca Falls whitewater rafting trips run daily from May to September. It operates rain or shine. All guests are provided with a wetsuit, booties, paddle jacket and life jacket. A towel, dry set of clothes, a snack and water may be left in the bus for after your trip. Wear your shorts or a bathing suit under your wetsuit. Please do not bring valuables on the bus. Your driver will be taking photos at several locations along the river, so there’s no need for your camera or phone on the river. Pictures will be ready for purchase on a memory stick at the end of your adventure.
Departure Point :RV Parking Lot, Jasper, AB T0E 1E0, Canada
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age of 6 years old
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Because paper masks become ineffective when wet, and are a potential safety hazard, we are not allowing them to be worn while on the raft. If you would like to wear a mask on the boat, please bring your own cloth mask, or a buff.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.