Jewish Ghetto and Trastevere Small Group Food Tour
• Discover Trastevere and the Jewish Ghetto with an expert guide.
• Enjoy the best italian food and take a seat in unique places.
• Visit the center of Rome under a total different perspective.
• Intimate experience with our small group of max 10 people
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- The cost of the food is not included, but it is reasonably priced: you will pay ony what you eat. We recommend to bring 25€ cash per person to have a large food experience
- Where we will go
Your food experience starts in Campo dei Fiori where old bakeries prepare some of the best pizza in town and where a daily market gathers vendors and sellers with their colorful stands. We walk the cobbled streets until the Jewish Ghetto, a small group of houses around ancient Roman ruines and home to the oldest jewish community in Europe: this place is famous for exquisite fried artichokes, traditional jewish food and for its lively atmosphere. We cross the river walking on a tiny bridge built to connect the Ghetto to the Tiberine island, one of the most romantic and pictoresque corners of Rome and we arrive in Trastevere, famous for its small Trattorias where romans meet for dinner and chat until late. Here you will eat the most delicious Risotto balls (we call them suppli), fresh made pasta accompanied by white or red wine in a local Trattoria. We finish our tour walking in Trastevere and savouring one of the best artisanal Gelato of the area.
What we will do
We will visit bakeries, groceries, bars and cafes to taste local specialities like the artichokes and the Suppli but also cured salami, cheese, pizza and selected wines. We will seat in local trattorias to eat fresh made pasta with Carbonara, Cacio and Pepe or Amatriciana. You will discover the roman dessert Pastarella and savour a delicious gelato like few others.
Departure Point :Piazza Campo de' Fiori, 23, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Piazza Giuseppe Gioachino Belli, 9f, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.