Karlstejn Castle Small-Group Bike Tour and Microbrewery Visit from Prague
Bike like a local, to a microbrewery! You will ride along rivers to Karlstejn Castle and than further through forgotten countryside to the microbrewery. Locally made beer tastes so good after a bike tour!
Sure, Prague is full of bars and pubs with great and cheap beer. But no beer tastes better than freshly poured in a microbrewery. After years of riding and years of tasting, we know the best place to go! …and because here in the Czech Republic bike belongs to our life in the same way beer does, we believe this is one of the best ways to spend a free day.
“A lot of kilometers had to be ridden and a lot of beer had to be drunk in order to prepare this tour.”
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- High-end 29" bike rental incl. helmet
- Lunch and beer
What's excluded :
- Your personal travel insurance
- Entrance to castle
- After pick up at your hotel it is about 20 min drive to the starting point at the very edge of Prague. This way we avoid most traffic and we start enjoying great cycling paths along the Vltava and Berounka rivers. We are biking on flat trails surrounded by meadows and small towns all the way to the most beautiful and best preserved castle in Czech – Karlstejn. After about one hour break to soak the medieval atmosphere we head for a final push of about 10 miles to our favorite microbrewery in the area.
Though we have to climb a bit during the last part, it is really worth it. There are no more towns along the way, just little villages and lush countryside all around us. It seems people here live the same way as years ago, when communists operated a Czech biggest air-missile base carefully hidden in forests of a hill above us. When we arrive in the cozy village of Vseradice, we enjoy a decent late lunch and taste locally made beer.
We have more options for our way back, though usually we ride back (8 miles) our bikes near Karlstejn and then take a train back to our car and finally we drop you off at the hotel. Be aware that you have to be able to cover up to 30 miles with a few (easy) uphills in about 6 hours.
Departure Point :Any hotel/apartment in Prague
8:30am - 9:15amIf not agreed on specific time, pickup time is 8:30am
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you book this tour for one person only, you might be asked to come to a meeting point within Prague downtown on the day of the tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.