Kochi Village Life Experience tour - The Real Tour of Kochi !
Experience the real life of village people, their various livelihood etc .During this tour you will travel either in Airconditioned Cab/ van or in Local tuk tuk to visit various villages. You will get the benefit of a driver / local driver who will take you to different village womens co-operatives and even their houses where they will be running small scale industries for their daily living.
You can Experience different methods of fishing using chinese fishing nets, casting of fish, fish farms etc. In kerala most of the people use Coconut oil for cooking, you will experience the various process of making coconut oil. Also to womens cooperative to watch the spinning of coconut fibres for making natural coir ropes, which are widely used for making floor mats, door mats etc. We will also experience the art of making hand made fishing boats. It will be a life time experience for all those who want to explore real village. (
Not for Cruise Passengers)
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Driver/ Local Expert
- Bottled water
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned car/ van and Tuk Tuk (Dependson the options)
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Meet the travellers at the Hotel or above mentioned locations
Drive towards the villages to experience life of local people
Stop near the Fish Farms to watch various methods of catching fishes, Crab store ,where they collect Live Mud Crabs for exporting etc
Visit coconut oil factory to watch coconut drying, processing and making of Fresh coconut oil.
To the fishing nets to explore the traditional way of catching fishes using smaller chinese fishing nets.
Experience the art of making Hand made fishing Boats which is an absolute Wonder
Visit coir factory to watch the real talents of vilage womens in making natural coir for making Floor mats. door mats etc
Towards Fortkochi for visting Spice markets,Craft shop,Local market etc
Back to the hotel or as discussed above.
Departure Point :Fort Kochi, Kochi, Kerala, India
Traveler pickup is offered
Tour Departs from Our office Bijus Tours, fort Kochi or nearby hotel which ever is near
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Provide valid Contact number, watsapp number for better Pick Up or in case of emergency.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.