La Leyenda de Chocolate Tour
You will join a festive experience with local musicians playing while you pitch in to make Ecuadorian drinking chocolate by hand. Participants will have a chance to help roast, shell, grind and make the chocolate beverage that Ecuadorians drank thousands of years ago all to the beat of a local musician.
per adult from
What's included :
- cacao beverage tasting
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Starts at El Quetzal de Mindo in Mindo, Ecuador
Trek back in time about 5,600 years where cocoa originated in the Amazon basin of Ecuador. While Ecuadorian drummers play local music. Participants are invited to pick up an instrument and play, if they like.
We will all pitch in and roast cocoa beans over a wood fire, hand shell the cocoa beans and hand grind the warm beans with a stone grinder. We add spices and flavorings that were used 3,000 years ago to flavor our beverage. You will get a chance to mix the beverage until frothy and
serve the beverage to the participants to enjoy an authentic chocolate. After we drink our beverage we are invited to hang out, dance, sing and enjoy. Food and beverages are available for purchase.
Free parking available
Departure Point :El Quetzal de Mindo with Chocolate Tour, 9 de Octubre, Mindo 170167, Ecuador
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.