Lake Nakuru Day Trip - Kenya
You’ve probably witnessed a scene in a wildlife documentary of Lake Nakuru, where the flamingoes flourish.
Lying south of Central Kenya, Nakuru is a shallow alkaline lake (or salt lake). A National Park was established in 1961 to protect it. Today, it has been one of the most visited destinations in Kenya. Actually, Nakuru means “dust” or, in some translations of the Maasai language, “dusty place”. The lake is perhaps named as such due to its vast savannah whose soil loosens especially during the dry season.
So if you are planning to embark on a wildlife journey, you may do so as we offer day tours from the capital that takes visitors and wildlife enthusiasts at Nakuru Lake as well as nearby spots like Masai Mara or Lake Baringo.
Our tour does include Lunch and services from a professional driver guide
you don't wanna miss out on this !!!
per adult from
8 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Park Entry Fees
- Lunch at one of the park lodges
- English Speaking Driver Guide
- Transport in a 4 by 4 Safari vehicle with pop roof for game viewing
- Drinking Water
- Entry/Admission - Lake Nakuru
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Personal & Equipment Insurance Cover
- Other Personal Expenses Off the Inclusions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Nakuru National Park Kenya
Lake Nakuru is known as an ornithological paradise by bird-watchers because the lake is world famous as the location of the greatest bird spectacle on earth which boasts anywhere between one and two million lesser and greater pink flamingos that feed on the abundant algae thriving in the lakes warm waters. This full day excursion to the Lake Nakuru gives you the opportunity to observe the world renowned flamingos as well search for other wildlife such as buffaloes, rhinoceros, giraffes and baboons. Lake Nakuru is world famous also as a sanctuary for both black and white rhinos. Besides that, more than 400 species of birds can be seen in the park. Between the lake and the cliffs in the west, large pythons inhabit the dense woodland, and can often be seen crossing the roads or dangling from trees.
We shall drive through the floor of the Great Rift Valley from Nairobi, while stopping on the way for curios and to admire and marvel at the breathtaking views of the escarpment along the way. We arrive at Lake Nakuru National Park in time for a mid-morning game drive. Have picnic lunch at leisure. As we find our way out of the park; we have another game drive and embark on our way to Nairobi.
Lake Nakuru Day Trip Daily Departure Excursions Itinerary
0530hrs: Pick up
0540hrs: Depart Nairobi for Nakuru
0800hrs: Arrive at Lake Nakuru National park and proceed for a 2hr game drive
1230hrs: Enjoy lunch at the Lake Nakuru Lodge or similar
1430hrs: Have an afternoon game drive en-route to Nairobi
1830hrs: Arrive in Nairobi and be dropped off at the picking point
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Early Pick Up, 0500Am
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.