Land of Hayracks - Private tour to Dolenjska region from Ljubljana
Are you ready to discover the Land of Hayracks which consists of 19 different drying structures originating from the Mirna Valley, except for one hayrack which comes from the vicinity of Ivančna Gorica? After the visit of an open-air museum continue to Novo Mesto, a charming town in the region of Dolenjska, where you will also have some free time for lunch. In the afternoon enjoy the sweet and delicious finale of the tour with the degustation of a home-made honey and its products.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance to the museum of Hayracks
- Honey tasting and presentation
- Private transportation
- Tour guide
What's excluded :
- Private expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sentrupert, Sentrupert, Lower Carniola Region
After departing from your accommodation in Ljubljana arrive to Šentrupert, where the open-air museum is located. The museum’s purpose is to show us the development of hayracks through time, space and social meaning from simple drying structures to complex forms of double hayracks – “toplars”. The museum covers an area of 2.5 ha and comprises 1 km of paths suitable for walks. The oldest hayrack in the museum is called »Luka’s toplar« dating back to 1795, which is also one of the world’s oldest preserved double hayracks.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Novo Mesto, Novo Mesto, Lower Carniola Region
Afterwards visit Novo Mesto, a lovely town located on the Krka river. You will have some time to discover the streets and the banks along the Krka river. In the afternoon visit one of the local farms/honey producers, where you will learn about how the honey is made. You will even have the opportunity to taste some of the products. Return to your accommodation in Ljubljana.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Customers will be given detailed pick up information upon booking.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.