Learn About Arts and Crafts of Yangon
On this slow-paced tour you will be able to observe craftsmen sculpting or painting; learn of the monastic requisites and accessories known locally as “Nibbana goods”; visit some of Yangon’s famous galleries; pass by a colorful fruit market and culminate at the famous Shwedagon Pagoda where you will take your time to take in the tranquil and serene atmosphere.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Tea and snacks at a local tea shop
- Entry/Admission - Shwedagon Pagoda
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- At 2 p.m your guide will meet you at the eastern entrance of Shwedagon Pagoda by the guardian lions and he/ she will take you from there on a leisurely stroll through the main street where you have the chance to see some sculptors working on various kinds of statues including Buddha images or Nats. You will have the opportunity to learn about monks’ life when you pass by the “Nibbana Market”.
You will continue with the walk through the neighborhood inhabited by ordinary people, monks and nuns. After a while you will find yourself in a posh residential area where there are some famous galleries. We will pay a visit to one of them. Continuing from there we will go to a local tea shop and sample some local tea. Afterwards we will come to a roadside fruit market where you will get to see all the seasonal fruits and learn about them. Next we will make our approach to the Shwedagon Pagoda through a shady garden and pay an extended visit to one of the most venerated pagodas in Myanmar and learn about Buddhist beliefs and practices. The tour lasts approximately 4 hours and ends at the Shwedagon Pagoda after the visit.
Departure Point :Guardian Lions at the eastern entrance of Shwedagon Pagoda at the base of the stairway
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.