Lecco Food Tour
This Lecco culinary tour provides food-tasting experience that allows you to get to know Lecco and its people in an authentic manner. As you walk and eat, a guide offers an insider's view of the history, culture, and architecture of the city. When booking, you have the choice of a morning 2.5-hour tour or an evening 2.5-hour tour.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional, friendly English speaking licensed guide
- Delicious, genuine typical food samplings in several authentic locations
- Lunch (pasta, a glass of wine, water and coffee)
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Como Food Tours, _Piazza 20 Settembre, 23 Tourist Information Office, 23900 Lecco Italy
Your walking tour takes place in Lecco’s historic center, where you'll indulge in tastings at several eating spots.
As you satisfy your appetite with salty finger food, your guide shows you the nooks and crannies of the town, rich with history and tradition, hidden away from common guidebooks. Discover Alessandro Manzoni and Lecco’s architect Giuseppe Bovara while sampling the finest prosciutto, mortadella, and bresaola, all accompanied by varieties of tasty focaccia. If you are a cheese lover, you are in the right place, with an abundance of dairy delights such as Taleggio, goat cheese, and varieties from the surrounding alpine pastures. And finally, depending on availability, taste the local polpetta called Mondeghilo and some freshwater fish from Lake Como. Lunch and dinner will be served in a typical restaurant renowned for highlighting the ancient lake and land flavors in its dishes. This is the best time to relax and get to know your travelling companions while enjoying a delicious pasta dish accompanied with a glass of local Valtellina valley red wine finishing with our famous Italian espresso.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza XX Settembre, 23, 23900 Lecco LC, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The meeting and end point are reasonably close and well connected to public transport
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- While the area is quite flat please make sure to wear comfortable shoes for walking
- Please bring a bottle of water; alternatively you can purchase one near the meeting point
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- The tour runs rain or shine. If rain is forecast, bring an umbrella, as you will be outside for much of the tour
- Most travelers can participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.