Lemur Day Tour at Andasibe Rainforest and Vakona Lodge Reserve
You are picked up at your hotel in Antananarivo (Tana) in the morning and begin the beautiful drive east through National Route 2 on this shared tour. This region of Madagascar is characterized by its wet climate, thanks to the dense, beautiful and biodiverse rainforest within. Crossing staggering landscapes dotted with traditional houses and myriad small villages, the road today gives a feel for the traditional lifestyle of the Malagasy people. The tour will pass by abundant rice paddies, chimney-less long clay red houses, and thousands of roadside markets displaying a variety of handicrafts. You will also see the endemic and tasty Mada-only fruit, as well as organic free-range meat markets. You will arrive in Andasibe in the late morning. Later, a visit to Vakona private park.
per adult from
12 to 15 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- National Park fees
- All activities
- Local guide
- Hotel/airport pickup and drop-off from any hotel in the capital
- Transportation between sites and ranges of the forest in a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle. There is no wifi connection.
- Entry/Admission - Andasibe-Mantadia National Park
- Entry/Admission - Vakona Private Reserve
What's excluded :
- In the morning, between 7am and 9am, your shared tour heads from your hotel toward Andasibe Rainforest, Vakona Park, the Eastern villages and rivers, and glimpse some of the urban cityscape of Antananarivo (Tana) en route. All in all an essential day in Madagascar for a visitor, and one of everyone's favorite. Andasibe is the most visited rainforest in Madagascar, and you will arrive there in the late morning.
Later in the day, the tour will resume on its way to the Vakona Reserve, which is well-known as the most accessible and famous rainforest in Madagascar, the shelter of the lemur "Indri-Indri". This species is considered to be the biggest primate living in Madagascar. The reserve is also characterized by spectacular technicolor orchids. In the park, there are 12 different species of lemurs (nocturnal and diurnal), but also more than 110 bird species. Tenrecs (sort of hedgehog) and chameleons will cross your path regularly too, and you can enjoy primary forest curiosities such as trees, ferns, lichens, epiphyte orchids, medicinal plants, or precious woods like Dalbergia.
In the evening, hit the road back to Tana to arrive for a late dinner in town. This trip visits the best highlights of wildlife in the range of the capital, Tana. You will be arriving back at your hotel around 11pm.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers - not really recommended for very young infants due to walking.
- Minimum age is 7 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.