Louvre Museum Ultimate Tour in Paris
Discover the highlights of a world-famous museum, on this incredible tour with a professional local guide for you.
Explore the masterpieces of world’s greatest art collection inside this Renaissance palace including the legendary Mona Lisa painting and Venus de Milo sculpture.
per adult from
What's included :
- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to Louvre Museum
- Entry/Admission - Louvre Museum
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Louvre Museum, 99 rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris France
From the point of the meeting, at the courtyard, you will receive a broad base of understanding of this glass building and the remarkable museum as you walk your way straight through a priority line to the security check without queuing in to enter the museum as its most renowned and most visited museum of the world.
Once inside the doors of the museum, the guide will provide you with a little insight to the history of how King Charles V and Philippe II chose this palace as their residence before it opened as a museum. As the guide lead you through the corridors, you’ll discover the vast collections of arts and sculptures, as the collection is organized by themes into various departments; Oriental Antiquities department, Egyptian Antiquities department, Greek Antiquities department, Roman and Etruscan departments, and also a part on the history of the actual palace, including the Louvre during the Middle Ages, Islamic art, paintings, sculptures and graphic art.
The guide will show you the most important and famous masterpieces as well as some of the lesser now beauties that you might have passed without notice in this museum. The first stop will be at the lower ground floor to see the famous sculptures such as Venus de Milo the ancient Greek statue, Seated Scribe the ancient Egyptian sculpture and Winged Victory of Samothrace, a Hellenistic sculpture and more on. The guide will also fill you in with the details of the many thousand years old sculptures of the Egyptian Antiquities, artwork, painting and sculptural wonders by Michelangelo, and other famous artists in the Greek, Roman and Etruscan Antiquities. You’ll also admire the richly furnished and decorated salons preserved from the Second Empire, the last time the Louvre was home to a sovereign.
Afterward, you’ll move on to the ground floor of the museum, where you admire more of the Greek and Egyptian masterpieces as the guide will explain you the hidden story behind all of these artworks. You’ll visit the first floor of the museum the most crowded and busiest floor of the Louver. Here you might appreciate the decorative arts collection of French Crown Jewels, Silverware, Semi-precious gems and more from the early Middle Ages to the first half of the 19th century. The tours most awaited and the last stop will be at the department of paintings, to see the world-famous painting of, Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa, the guide will give an explanation and anecdote about this enigmatic image and also the guide will introduce you to the Liberty Leading the People by Eugène Delacroix and the Wedding at Cana by Paolo Veronese and many other paintings.
Your two-hour tour will end at the paintings department, but before the tour ends the guide will also fascinate you with the story and the details of the masterpieces displayed in the museum. you’ll also have the option to remain in the museum until it’s closing time.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Louis XIV sous les traits de Marcus Curtius (copie), Cour Napoléon et Pyramide du Louvre, 75001 Paris, France
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes as there is a moderate amount of walking involved
- "Skip-the-line" access is guaranteed, even during peak season (except in the event of delays or strikes by the Museum management)
- There may be a queue at the dedicated line for visitors with reservation due to security purpose, however this will be much shorter than at the standard entrance
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements, in the event of this occurring you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Bring your own headphones.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.