Lukomir Nomad Village Hiking Tour - Private Trip
Umoljani and Lukomir hiking tour at Bjelasnica mountain is simply must see and experience journey for any true nature lover, if one ever comes across Sarajevo and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Stunning views of Rakitnica canyon, amazing scenery of Bjelasnica mountain, experiencing way of life at Bosnian most remote nomad village, unique history and culture of local communities, and bit of mythology and much more at one most unique places in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
What's included :
- Professional mountain hiking guide
- Real Lunch (not a picnic or food tasting, but a real homemade Lukomir lunch, made of local ingredients. After hours of hiking, we believe that tasting real local food is matter of experience, so we strive for the best food there is). Also note that tea or coffee are included too, with unlimited water. Alcohol or soda drinks are not covered, and can be purchased locally.
What's excluded :
- Alcohol or soda drinks are not covered, and can be purchased locally.
- Health Insurance (make sure to arrange this in advance when you are leaving your home country), but note that this hiking trail is super safe
Pass By: Bjelasnica, Bjelasnica, Republika Srpska
We are passing by the famous 1984 Winter Olympic Ski tracks at Bjelašnica mountain.
Stop At: Mosque in Umoljani, Umoljani bb, Trnovo 71220 Bosnia and Herzegovina
We shall learn the story why the Umoljani mosque was the only mosque which was not burnt or destroyed by Army of Republic of Srpska, on entire territory of Bosnia and Herzegovina they controlled during the 1992 - 1995 aggression on Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Selo Umoljani, Umoljani, Trnovo 71220 Bosnia and Herzegovina
Pleasant 3 hours flat hike to Umoljani village through Canyong of Rakitnica river and amazing explorations of Peruce waterfall, Studeni Potok as one of the most beautiful valleys in whole of Bosnia and Herzegovina and story of "Umoljani Dragon". In the end of the day we ll do around 7-8 hours hike, which will surely be worth it all.
Umoljani village is mostly known for few things: Stoned Dragon, Mosque and Sarajevo Haggadah and Studeni Potok (Cold Creek).
Once we reach Umoljani again prepare yourself for truly amazing local lunch: Begova Corba (local stew), Krompiruša (potato made pie) or Sirnica (cheese made) and Burek (meat made), with again local yoghurt and salat. Nothing in the world beats this.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Selo Lukomir, Lukomir, Konjic 88400 Bosnia and Herzegovina
When we leave our car at Umoljani village we will start our, firstly one way rouhgly 3-4 hour long hike, to reach Lukomir village. Trail will take us from starting point of roughly 1275 meters (Umoljani) to peak of Obalj at around 1896 meteres with more then 620 meters of altitude gain. All this heavy work will pay of once on top, as views of Studeni Potok along the way, Rakitnica Canyon and mountains of Treskavica, Visocica and ultimate peak of Bjelasnica mountain with numerous small villages in distance will be simply stunning. After some rest and full time body and spirit enjoyment we are ready to hike down to Lukomir village at altitude of 1500 which will be "one of a kind" story as well.
Once there we go for a deserved resting time, having local coffee, and some food as well.Please note that depending on time of the year we can get lucky to have fields of bluberries, rose-hip, certain types of mushrooms, thyme or other plant species around us free to pick up.
Lukomir is highest and most of the year inhabited (except in recent years, during heavy winter season when locals leave village until early spring) and most isolated nomad village in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Studeni potok, Umoljani, Trnovo 71220 Bosnia and Herzegovina
Part of the hike will be through amazing Studeni Potok (Cold Creek) at Bjelašnica mountain.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Besarina čikma 5, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Traveler pickup is offered
We will be happy to arrange a pick up from any address our guests provide. Airports
- Butmir Airport, Sarajevo Bosnia and Herzegovina
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 9 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- 1 l of water (possible to refill along the way)
- Some carbohydrates rich food such as bananas, hazelnuts, chocolate, some fruits, etc. as snack along the way. Also make sure the morning before tour departs, to have a good breakfast. It is mandatory.
- You should bring:
- Two t-shirts to change
- Hiking boots or sport shoes with thick bottom
- Sunscreen (must have for guests with sensitive skin to sunburns)
- Rain jacket (in case of bad weather forecast)
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate