Mangalorean Home Cooking and Meal in Mumbai by local
With the help of your host, you'll discover and learn about the local cooking of Mangalorean Dishes. Also, along with the meal, there are accompaniments or sides including, Happala Kismoori - A papad, onion and coconut mixture; a great salad, Nonche - Assorted homemade pickles, Masala Taak - Tempered buttermilk.
per adult from
What's included :
- Parking in premises
What's excluded :
- Personal Exclusions
- Looking for some Mangalorean food vibes right in the middle of Mumbai? Home-chef Prabha gladly welcomes you for an incredible Mangalorean cooking demo and meal which includes her mouth-watering dishes. Your host Prabha will take you through a detailed explanation about their customs, traditions and the ever appetizing cuisine. Join your host Prabha in her kitchen where you get to assist her and learn the secrets of traditional Mangalorean cooking!
• Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
• Lime Juice - A perfect way to start the meal.
• Goli Bajje - A classic Mangalorean fritter, these crisp round spheres of goodness will be a fab start.
• Chicken Ghee Roast - A Mangalorean classic, originating from Kundapur district.
• Batate Song - Very traditional potato dish, and yes it is pronounced 'Song'.
• Chana Ghashi - Chana cooked in a tangy and spicy coconut based gravy.
• Shark Hinga Udda - An asafoetida-based shark curry, every GSB Konkani swears by it!
• Neer Dosa - A delicacy from Tulu Nadu region; the neer dosa goes wonderfully with anything spicy
• Chitraanna - A spicy rice preparation, typically Mangalorean.
• Vermicelli Payas - Kheer to end the meal on a sweet note.
Departure Point :Standard Chartered Bank, Vithalbhai Patel Road, 65 F, Linking Rd, Vithaldas Nagar, Santacruz West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400054, India
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.