Manuel Antonio Herping (Reptile & Amphibian) Research Adventure
Costa Rica is home to around 144 species of snakes and nearly as many species of frogs and toads, Costa Rica is an incredible and popular destination for herping enthusiasts. More than a quarter of the country's land has been designated protected national parks and nature reserves helping to keep wild populations of animals healthier and more diverse than anywhere else in Central America. Designed for very exclusive small groups in mind (6 people max), we will spend full time searching strictly for all herpetological creatures, our experience is the perfect activity for nature and wildlife photographers, herpetology or tropical biology students and professors, or any eco-friendly traveler. We will educate you on what makes these nocturnal animals so unique. We encourage any and all questions you have throughout the tour. Our job is for you to have a fun, educational tour of one of the most distinct habitats in the world.
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Certified Naturalist Tour Guide
- Rubber boots provided during rainy season (If you choose to go with our rubber boots, it is important to pack socks that reach above the top of the boot)
- When we meet for the tour, we will have powerful flashlight available for everyone
- All pictures and videos taken during the tour with our ATX Swarovski Spotting Scopes
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from outside Quepos-Manuel Antonio local areas.
- Bottled water - Thousands of plastic bottles are contaminating our National Parks, rivers, and oceans each year. So, don’t forget the BPA-free water bottle that you can refill as many times as you’d like
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Manuel Antonio National Park, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica
Your Herpetological adventure is designed to seriously explore the surroundings areas of Manuel Antonio National Park and Quepos with the intentions of finding every local species of reptiles and amphibians. We will spend the entire 3 hours researching at Playa Espadilla Hotel Private Nature Reserve for mostly Viper Snakes (Fer-de-Lance and Eye-Lash Pit Vipers), colorful Tree Frogs (Red-eyed Tree Frogs, Masked Tree Frogs, Gladiator Tree Frogs) or any other interesting herpetological species. We will provide rubber boots, professional snake hooks, powerful flashlights and bottled water for the hike.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We provide private roundtrip transportation from any Manuel Antonio and Quepos Hotels, Rental Villas, Airbnbs, Private Rental Luxury Homes, or Hostels.If you're staying outside the mentioned areas, pick-up is available at an additional cost.Airports
- Quepos Airport, Quepos Costa Rica
- Marina Pez Vela, Provincia de Puntarenas, Quepos, Costa Rica
Departure Time :5:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A light cotton T-shirt and pants are ideal for the tour. Comfortable clothes are recommended (Long sleeve shirts are not necessary)
- Closed-toed shoes (tennis shoes or hiking boots) are required to participate on the tour. (Please, no sandals or Tevas)
- Important Pickup Information: Our meeting point will be right at your hotel lobby or front desk (Sharp Time please, NOT Costa Rican Sloth Time) Whether you are booking a group or private activity, please be an ethical traveler, it's not respectful make other enthusiastic participants wait in the car or van, if you are having a delay situation (breakfast, electrical, mechanical, etc) Do not hesitate contacting us, we will be more than happy to help you and make sure you have the most pleasant and satisfactory experience with our company.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.