Mitla, Tule, Tlacolula and Teotilán
The tour will begin by visiting the majestic Tule Tree, an ahuehuete that is more than 2000 years old.
From Thursday to Sunday don´t miss Mitla, a town and municipal seat in the state of Oaxaca, famous for being the site of the archaeological ruins of Mitla.
The tour will continue to visit a Group of Caves with cave paintings and vestiges of past times in the Tlacolula Valley, its baroque chapel and the market.
Later we will visit Teotitlán del Valle, a community where residents are dedicated to making handicrafts on a pedal loom, with wool rugs standing out. An artisan will demonstrate how they obtain the different colors with natural products such as cochineal, indigo, etc.
On the route, a stop will be made at a mezcal factory to learn about its production in an artisanal way and it will be tasted.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional driver
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica de Mitla
- Entry/Admission - Mezcaloteca
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tule Tree, Calle dos de Abril 2, Santa Maria del Tule 68297 Mexico
Its approximate age is 2000 years. Over the centuries, its branches and bark have created whimsical shapes in which, with a little imagination, the profiles of people, animals, and even fantastic beings can be seen in the texture of its bark.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Camino Nacional, Los Presidentes, Zona Arqueologica de Mitla, San Pablo Villa de Mitla 70430 Mexico
It comes from the Nahuatl word that means "place of the dead". Its palaces are decorated with very fine geometric figures such as the stepped fretwork.
Only available from Thursday to sunday
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Santa Maria de la Asuncion Tlacolula, Av. 2 de Abril 42, Centro, 70400 Tlacolula de Matamoros, Oaxaca Mexico
It is said that the correct name of this Oaxacan community is Tlacolullan, which means "entre lo muy lleno de varas”.
The official name is Tlacolula de Matamoros, the addition is a tribute to the hero Mariano de Matamoros, a prominent figure in the deeds for the Independence of Mexico. In Zapotec, on the other hand, this town is named Guillbaan, which means "town of graves."
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Teotitlan del Valle, Teotitlan del Valle, Southern Mexico
A town of artisans who make splendid wool rugs with natural colors, among which the cochineal grana, a characteristic product of Oaxaca, stands out. You will also be able to appreciate the demonstration of the elaboration of the dyes.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mezcaloteca, Calle Reforma 506 Oaxaca Centro, Oaxaca 68000 Mexico
Famous Oaxacan drink, we will visit a distillery to learn about the process of its elaboration in an artisanal way and we will have a tasting of it.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Oaxaca, Centro, 68000 Oaxaca de Juárez, Oax., Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
The operator will meet you in the lobby of your Hotel/Airbnb; he will ask at the Front desk for your name. We can pick up in any hotel or Airbnb located in Oaxaca Downtown.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.