Moab Full-Day Rafting Tour in Westwater Canyon
Splash your way down the Colorado River through the rapids of Westwater Canyon, where in addition to rugged desert scenery, there’s the chance you could spot wildlife from soaring bald eagles to river otters and beavers. Over the course of a day, hold on tight as your guide helps navigate the Class III and Class IV whitewater, where rapids have names like Sock-It-To-Me, Funnel Falls and Skull. This trip provides an adrenaline rush amidst walls of red rock canyons, and is great for the traveler who loves a challenge and a bit of desert adventure.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Beverages (water & lemonade)
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Adrift Adventures, 378 N Main St, Moab, UT 84532-2345
The tour itself begins in Moab where you’ll meet your professional guide, and receive an intro safety briefing to be fit with lifejacket and gear. From here, hop in the van to the ride to the put-in on a scenic section of the river, where your guide will offer additional instruction about riding inside of the raft. Once you’re ready, push off from the sandy bank and prepare to splash through the canyon.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Westwater Canyon, Utah 84515, USA
On this adventurous whitewater rafting trip, there’s the chance you could see petroglyphs carved in the rocks from the area’s original inhabitants, or old mining cabins, graves, and caves that date to the old Wild West. As you pass an old-growth Cottonwood tree, look up towards the sky to look for bald eagles and they soar and coast on the breeze, and keep an eye out for otters and beavers as they splash and swim in the eddies. You’ll splash through 12 different Class III and IV rapids. Your guide will be rowing the raft with oars, so you can just hang on for the ride, absorbing the desert scenery as you splash your way down the canyon. In the middle of the day, your guide will paddle to a sandy riverbank in a calmer section of water, where you’ll enjoy a filling buffet lunch and can take a refreshing dip. From here, continue splashing your way downstream and listening to your echoes in the canyon, before leaving the Colorado River behind for the comfortable drive back to Moab.
Duration: 7 hours
Pass By: Colorado River
The Colorado River is an integral part of America’s Wild West, as it’s carved a series of canyons and caverns through the heart of the red rock desert. Here in the Westwater Canyon section, outside the city of Moab, explore the river by whitewater raft along with an informative guide, who will relay the area’s history and tales as you splash for miles down the river.
Pass By: Cisco Ghosttown, Rt 128, Cisco, UT
This trip takes you through the middle of this small ghost town.
Departure Point :Adrift Adventures, 378 N Main St, Moab, UT 84532, USA
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Please call our office to reconfirm reservation the day before tour
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.