Montmartre and Champagne Tasting - Evening semi private tour
why does Montmartre still attract visitors from all over the world? Partly because of its particular charm of its village alleys, which most often end up on the Parisian panorama. Throughout the 19th and early 20th centuries, the arts were the main focus of this inspired hill. Writers such as Apollinaire, Max Jacob... the impressionist painters Degas, Renoir, Van Gogh, Pissarro, Toulouse Lautrec... then Utrillo, Picasso, Modigliani... These artists met at the 'Moulin de la Galette', the 'Lapin Agile', or the famous 'Chat noir'. The montmartre of mills, plaster ovens, washhouses and water troughs is no longer there, but it remains its village, lively and colourful aura.
On our way we will taste one glass of champagne and cheese before ending the visit at the Sacre coeur and its panoramic view of the city.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional art historian guide
- family friendly
- photographer guide
- a 6cl glass of Champagne & cheese (natural juice for children) per person
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Montmartre, 75018 Paris France
Montmarte is the bohemian, artistic and picturesque district to know in Paris. We will start by learning about the Moulin Rouge, its main artists and its cancan. Then we will explore its streets while listening to your guide's stories who will take you back in time from plaster quarries to a slum and a paradise lost for many artists including Van Gogh and Picasso. You will discover the last windmill, the houses of several painters, the café of Amélie Poulain, La place du tertre and its painters, the only vineyard and much more. Before reaching the spectacular panoramic view of Paris and admiring the beauty of the Sacre Coeur, we will take a few minutes to taste a glass of champagne with excellent cheeses at a very special place.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1 Place Blanche, 75009 Paris, France
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :The Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Paris, 35 Rue du Chevalier de la Barre, 75018 Paris, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- 2h Montmartre visit
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.