Moray and Salt Mines of Maras Tour in Half Day - private service
If you are in Cusco, take a tour to Maras, Moray, and Chinchero, they are beautiful and colorful Inca villages, where you can see the customs and traditions. You will also have the opportunity to see the pre-Columbian textile process in Chinchero, the industrialization of Sal de Maras and the enigmatic agricultural terraces of Moray..
Admire also the incredible scenic beauty, the fields full of crops, the mountains covered with snow and the sacred valley.
The tour will begin and end at your hotel in Cusco, take 6 hours and is a perfect complement to your visit to the Inca city of Machu Picchu and other tours.
What's included :
- A driver and mobility only for your family.
- Top-level local guide in English or Spanish.
- Partial tourist ticket to visit Chinchero and Moray.
- Ticket to visit Maras Sal mines.
- Private service
- Complimentary bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Salinas de Maras
What's excluded :
- Travel insurance.
- Tips (optional)
Stop At: Salinas de Maras, Carreta a Maras, Maras 08655 Peru
At the agreed time, the professional guide and private mobility pass through your hotel in Cusco. Then, travel for 40 minutes to the colorful Inca town of Chinchero and participate in the Inca textile process (washing, spinning, dyeing, and weaving of camelid wool). Continue your trip to the salt mines of Maras and observe the industrialization of salt water, distributed in more than 5,000 wells for its evaporation and solidification process.
Continue your trip to the Inca agricultural experimental center, Moray, and admire the masterpiece of the ancient settlers. The Incas took advantage of the natural depressions to build terraces superimposed in a ring shape and formed 20 microclimates to adapt the plants to the new ecosystem.
Finally, return to the city of Cusco – Hotel.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Cusco, Peru
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate