Mostar - The Heart of Herzegovina Tour
Join us in all day tour, starting from city of Sarajevo to the sunniest city in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and the heart of Herzegovina - Mostar which is located in the valley of river Neretva, and it has an abundance of historical stories, events, and monuments waiting just for you! Take a walk around Mostar streets and see old part of Mostar with medieval structures, traditional Ottoman monuments and buildings and famous Mostar's Old Bridge above stunning river Neretva. After Mostar, see well known Herzegovinian vineyards, city of Blagaj, spring of the river Buna and medieval town of Pocitelj.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge and parking
- Professional driver/guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Souvenirs (available to purchase)
- The tour to Mostar departs from Sarajevo or a location agreed prior to your tour booking. The history and natural wildlife of Mostar are indeed a fascination for all senses. On our tour around Mostar, you will see and hear the details and stories which make it so admirable. Mostar has a Mediterranean climate with days of extreme heat and refreshing scented Mediterranean air. The winters are cold and wet with strong bora coming from the north.
You will see the old part of Mostar with cobblestone streets, medieval structures and traditional Ottoman monuments and buildings. The river Neretva divides the town of Mostar and provides a fascinating view of the architectural and cultural view of the town. The two sides of the city of Mostar, the west and the east coast of the river, are joined by the famous Old Bridge of Mostar. The Old Bridge was completely destroyed during the homeland war, but it was rebuilt and returned to its former glory and it has since become a symbol of unity of the both sides of the river. The Old Bridge is considered as the heart of the city of Mostar.
After touring the city of Mostar, we will also take you to see the Herzegovinian vineyards, then to the village of Blagaj which is located on the spring of the river Buna. There you will see the beautiful historical Tekka. The Blagaj Tekke is a national monument, once a monastery built by the Dervish society during the Ottoman empire in 1520. The architecture makes for a rich combination of the Ottoman and Mediterranean styles, a true architectural wonder for the eyes and spiritual peace. Here we will have a local lunch by the water.
After visiting the Blagaj Tekke, we will move on to the medieval town of Počitelj. This is the oldest town of Herzegovina, built within a hill and old cobblestone walls. Počitelj is a UNESCO World Heritage site because it has maintained the original form and architecture. Along with the fascinating oriental architecture, Počitelj is also host to the longest operating art colony in Southeast Europe. A wonder for the eyes is Počitelj’s oldest monument, the Sahat Kula, which is a fort in the shape of a silo and reaches the highest spot in the town.
Mostar and Počtelj are 30km away from each other, yet they are so different in architecture and style.
Additional sites which you will visit on the tour to Mostar: The Old Traditional Turkish Home, the colorful Old Bazar, The Hadži-Alija Mosque, the Gavran Kapetanović house, and the Sisma-Ibrahimpaša Madrasa.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up can be also in city of Mostar or on Sarajevo international airportAirports
- Butmir Airport, Sarajevo Bosnia and Herzegovina
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Show up 10 minutes ahead of the pick-up time
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.