Mount Popa Full Day Tour from Bagan
Travel to visit the elevated monastery of Mount Popa. Mount Popa is situated 45km away from Bagan and is regarded as the birthplace of “Nats” (the spirits of Myanmar). With over 200 springs and streams and likened to an oasis in the desert-like dry central zone of Burma, Popa is a spectacular sight, with its iconic monastery situated on top of the once active volcano. Once you arrive at the volcano you can begin the ascent, which takes 777 steps. At the top you will find Mount Popa Monastery, which offers incredible 360-degree views of the surrounding plains. Don’t forget your camera for this fabulous photographic opportunity.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English speaking guide
- Government tax
- Lunch at a local tea shop
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Other drinks & refreshments not stated
- Personal expenditure
- Travel insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Popa, Kyauk Padaung Road, Popa Myanmar
Mount Popa is situated 45km away from Bagan and is regarded as the birthplace of “Nats” (the spirits of Myanmar). You will be picked up from your hotel at 9am, and taken by car to this extinct volcano, approximately a 1.5hr drive away. The surrounding areas are arid, but the Mt Popa area has over 200 springs and streams and is therefore likened to an oasis in the desert-like dry central zone of Burma.By the way…. Burmese superstition says that on Mt Popa, one should not wear red or black or green or bring meat, especially pork, as it could offend the resident Nats. You have been warned!
Once you arrive at the volcano you can begin the ascent, which takes 777 steps, don’t worry the steps are not that steep and the walk up takes about 1 ½ hours! Along the ascent you will pass by multiple shrines, and ‘Nat’ holy sites, and learn about the curious legends which surround the mountain. At the top you will find Mount Popa Monastery, which offers incredible 360-degree views of the surrounding plains. Don’t forget your camera for this fabulous photographic opportunity.
Once you have descended, you will begin your journey back to Bagan, enjoy the rural views, during which you stop at a local teashop for traditional lunch, before being dropped off back at your hotel.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up from any hotel in Bagan.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.