MTB ride in the mountains around Porto
The ride itself starts in the outskirts of Porto, in a city called Valongo. We'll ride in the Serras do Porto mountain range, which surrounds the city from the North-East until the River Douro.
We will ride along rivers, climb mountains, do single tracks, and also wide gravel roads. We go to a few viewpoints, where we can appreciate the view of the magnificent city of Porto, and also the view of the mountains and valleys.
We'll pass through an authentic Portuguese village called Couce, which has less than 10 inhabitants and the houses are made from stones.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Soda/Pop - I bring also some soft drinks with me, so we can cool off after the ride -> Soda, fruit juices, Coke.
- Bottled water - I will provide water and isotonic drink for the ride.
- Snacks - I will take with me for the ride a few energy bars, in case someone needs it along the ride.
- Helmet -> Mandatory to use along the ride! Let me know if you need one when you book the tour. MTB bicycle -> 29er hardtail bicycles are included in the price.
- Private transportation
- Coffee and/or Tea - At the end of the ride, we'll stop for a coffee and a tasty Portuguese pastry in Valongo.
What's excluded :
We leave the meeting point prepared for the ride. This means that we are dressed in cycling gear (clothing, shoes), and bringing all the necessary gear with us (gloves, helmet, glasses, etc). This can take 15-30 minutes, depending on the meeting point.
When we arrive, I unload the van, and we prepare ourselves for the ride. Then we just roll and enjoy the pure beauty of the Serras do Porto mountains from the viewpoint of our bike.
We will ride 80% in a forest, surrounded by eucalyptus trees. Pedaling along the River Ferreira which flows through a rocky valley, leading us to a village which has less than 10 inhabitants and houses are made out of stones.
There is no mountain biking, nor cycling without a coffee break. We agree on this, yes? For this reason, on the last few kilometers we stop at a cafe in Valongo, and enjoy a tasty Portuguese coffee and pastry!
The ride takes 2-3 hours, and you can count with 17-25 km and 300-600m+ elevation in general.
After the ride, we return to the van, relax a bit, we'll have a refreshing drink, and than I bring you back to the meeting point, where the whole adventure started
• Valongo, Valongo, Porto District, Northern Portugal
Departure Point :Av. dos Aliados 309, 4000-035 Porto, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup at your hotel is not a problem, but it has to be always sooner as the predefined meeting hour.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Specific health issues, which can limit you riding a mountain bike.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.