Mughal Delhi a Timeless Tale Small-group Walking Tour
Stroll along the fabled lanes of old Delhi as you explore and savor the legendary treats of Chandni Chowk. Revisit Delhi’s glorious past with a guide and experience some of its most authentic culinary destinations. During this 4.5-hour tour you will have the opportunity to try sweet and savory snacks, enjoy a breakfast made of Indian cuisine, and eat lunch at one of the most iconic Haveli's in Chandni Chowk. This small-group, immersive culinary journey is an absolute delight for any visitor.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Beverages: bottled water, tea, coffee, lassi, or lime soda
- Light refreshments and snacks
- Breakfast: Indian cuisine
- Lunch: Indian cuisine
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Tour escort/host
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Light refreshments
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Any individual purchases
- Entrance fees - in Jama Masjid for personal items
- Alcoholic drinks (available for purchase)
- Meet your guide at the Chandni Chowk Metro station at 10 am to begin this immersive tour. Start with breakfast and a visit to Khari Baoli, the biggest spice market of India. Here the air is filled with an aroma made up of a variety spices that’s sure to ignite your senses. Continuing on, explore the main market of Chandni Chowk while sampling many treats along the way. Experience the exciting atmosphere as you are surrounded by the sights, sounds, smells, and tastes of everything you have read about.
Walk through small meandering lanes while stopping occasionally to take pictures of the colorful shops with their exotic displays. While here your guide will dive deep into the essence, cultural relevance, and grand history of some of the many items traded at the market. Visit the famous 'Parantha Wali Gali' and the colorful Kinari Bazaar all while tasting various snacks and famous foods. A stop by the beautiful Heritage Lane will be made before heading over to one of the most iconic 5 star 'Havelis' in middle of the bustling Chandni Chowk market for lunch.
Afterward, visit the famous landmark Jama Masjid mosque, which is one of the biggest mosques in India and then eat dessert at the world famous food outlet Karim's. Your final stop will be made at the oldest and most iconic silver market of India known as Dariba Kalan. This tour concludes at the main market of Chandni Chowk, Old Delhi, 110006 at approximately 2:30 pm.
Departure Point :Chandni Chowk Metro station, Gate No 2
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Concludes at the main market of Chandni Chowk, Old Delhi, 110006
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers (except infants)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Personal food and drinks are not recommended unless required for medical reasons
- Photography is allowed
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum number of 2 applies. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.