Muir Woods Expedition Tour of Coastal Redwoods
This relaxed-paced tour spends the most time, up to 1 ¾ hours, in Muir Woods exploring the enchanted grove of Coastal Sequoias. This is the only Muir Woods tour from San Francisco that includes a complimentary hotel pickup, a Golden Gate Bridge photo stop and over an hour in Sausalito to shop and lunch. You’ll also enjoy down-time in seaside community of Sausalito and the perfect Golden Gate Bridge selfie. Make it a perfect day and take the ferry back to San Francisco.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Complimentary SF hotel pickup from most hotels
- Excursion to picturesque Sausalito and Muir Woods
- Muir Woods Entrance fee
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Meals are not included but available for purchase at Muir Woods Visitor's Center and Sausalito.
- Ferry from Sausalito to SF (if option not selected)
- Entry/Admission - Muir Woods National Monument
- Entry/Admission - Muir Woods Visitor Center
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Palace of Fine Arts Theatre, 3301 Lyon Street, San Francisco, CA 94123-1002
The Palace of Fine Arts in the Marina District of San Francisco, California, is a monumental structure originally constructed for the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition in order to exhibit works of art presented there.
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Photo stop overlooking bridge and city. The Golden Gate Bridge is a suspension bridge spanning the Golden Gate, the one-mile-wide (1.6 km) strait connecting San Francisco Bay and the Pacific Ocean.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: San Francisco Bay, San Francisco, CA
San Francisco Bay is a shallow estuary in the US state of California. It is surrounded by a contiguous region known as the San Francisco Bay Area (often simply "the Bay Area"), and is dominated by the large cities of San Jose, San Francisco and Oakland.
Pass By: Marin Headlands, Golden Gate National Recreation Area, CA 94965
A hilly peninsula at the southernmost end of Marin County, located just north of San Francisco across the Golden Gate Bridge, which connects the two counties and peninsulas. Part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area and famous for their views of the Bay Area, especially of the Golden Gate Bridge.
Stop At: Muir Woods National Monument, 1 Muir Woods Rd, Mill Valley, CA 94941-4205
Known for its towering old-growth redwood trees. Trails wind among the trees to Cathedral Grove and Bohemian Grove, and along Redwood Creek. The primeval home to old growth Coastal Redwoods, some at least 1,200 years old. The tallest is 258 feet high. We optimize the time you spend on the trails of Coastal Redwoods by arriving before the crowds. You’ll spend 1.5 hours (or more!) enjoying California’s native flora and fauna, taking in giant ferns, moss-lined creeks, fresh bay leaf-scented air from the many Laurel trees and squirrels, blue jays and deer if you’re lucky.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Muir Woods Visitor Center, 1 Muir Woods Rd, Mill Valley, CA 94941, USA
The Muir Woods Visitors Center (1 Muir Woods Rd., daily 8am-close, closing hours vary) abuts the main parking area and marks the entrance to Muir Woods.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: sausalito Home Boats, 47 S Forty Pier Marinship, Sausalito, CA 94965-1398
Lunch Stop in Sausalito. Sausalito is a city in Marin County across the Golden Gate Strait from San Francisco, known for its Richardson Bay houseboat enclaves, built by artist squatters after WWII. The Sausalito floating home community consists of more than 400 houseboats.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Hilton San Francisco Union Square, 333 O'Farrell St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
For hotel pickups, if your hotel is not listed, please select the Hilton Union Square at 333 O'Farrell Street (the meeting point is outside the Mason Street entrance).Please note that you may be directed to a different hotel from where you are staying. Please always refer to the confirmation letter received after booking for the correct pick-up location and time as it will be your responsibility to make it on tour on time.Your pickup time for this tour may change due to the new parking reservation system for Muir Woods.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Exact destinations & itinerary may differ due to weather, road conditions, and the guide's discretion.
- California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years and under 4' 9" (1.4 meters) in height. Any guest that does not provide their child's safety seat at the time of the tour and does not inform the tour operator in advance may not be allowed to board the tour and will not be subject to refund.
- For hotel pickups, if your hotel is not listed, please select the Hilton Union Square at 333 O'Farrell Street (the meeting point is outside the Mason Street entrance).
- Audio guides are available in French, Spanish, German, Italian, Mandarin Chinese, and Japanese. Specify language at time of booking under special requirements.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Park entrance fee to Muir Woods National Monument included
- For the rare event that commercial parking is not available at Muir Woods, we reserve the right to arrange an alternative destination for experiencing Giant Coastal Redwoods during your tour.
- Meals and drink are not included but available for purchase at Muir Woods Visitor's Center and Sausalito.
- Your pickup time for this tour may change due to the new parking reservation system for Muir Woods. Please make sure to reconfirm pick-up time prior to your tour
- Time spent in Sausalito may vary. Purchase the ferry option to extend your stay in this quaint Coastal Village
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 33 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- * Nightly deep cleaning and disinfecting fogging by certified crew * Tour vehicles operating at below their capacity so we can grant passenger requests for empty adjacent seats
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.