Museums of Modern and Contemporary Art in Rio and Niteroi
Visit two of the most famous art museums of Rio and Niterói, the twin cities bathed by Guanabara Bay, the Museum of Modern Art, designed by the architect Affonso Eduardo Reidy, and Museum of Contemporary Art, designed by architect Niemeyer.
• Visit the Museum of Modern Art, and continue towards Niteroi by the Rio-Niteroi bridge, enjoying the postcard of the Guanabara Bay.
• Get to know the Museum of Contemporary Art, considered one of the architectural wonders of the world.
• Know the Niemeyer’s Path, set of architect's works that made Niteroi the second City, after Brasilia, with more structures created by him.
• Feel how the MAC anticipates futures for the 21st Century through architectural communion with the stunning landscape.
• Get the opportunity to observe "in loco" the two architectural styles the modern and the contemporary ones.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Museu de Arte Moderna do Rio de Janeiro
- Entry/Admission - Niterói Contemporary Art Museum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Guanabara Bay, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
The purpose of this tour is to show and visit two prominent cultural institutions: the Museum of Modern Art, known as MAM, in the city of Rio de Janeiro, and the Museum of Contemporary Art, known as MAC, in Niteroi also bathed by the waters of Guanabara's Bay. The MAM occupies a privileged area in Flamengo Park, where you can see the Pão de Açucar, Cristo Redentor, Marina da Glória, Santos Dumont Airport, and the relief of the city of Niterói. After visiting the MAM, we will continue towards Niteroi by the Rio-Niteroi bridge, enjoying the postcard of the Guanabara Bay surrounded by natural beauties and human-made monuments such as Niemeyer’s Path, set of architect's works that made Niteroi the second City, after Brasilia, with more structures created by him.
Stop At: Museu de Arte Moderna do Rio de Janeiro, Avenida Infante Dom Henrique 85 Parque do Flamengo, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20021-140 Brazil
The architectural style of the MAM, considered by Affonso Eduardo Reidy, follows the rationalist concept of structures leaked and integrated with the landscape. In this way, it assimilates the modern post-war trends, serving as a stage for manifestations of the Brazilian artistic avant-garde from the new realists to the Neo-Concretists. Hélio Oiticica exhibited there his work Tropicália giving rise to the Tropicalist movement. The architect Eduardo Reidy used the horizontal and transparent structure and integrated the museum with the nature of both the sea and the gardens.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Niterói Contemporary Art Museum, Mirante da Boa Viagem, s/nº - Boa Viagem, Niterói - RJ, 24210-390, Brazil
Across the Bay of Guanabara, we will visit the Museum of Contemporary Art, considered one of the architectural wonders of the world. The Museum of Contemporary Art of Niterói launches a new museum concept as a space of creation, synthesis, and unity between art, culture, and society in environmental integration. For Oscar Niemeyer, the purpose of the MAC is to anticipate futures for the 21st Century through architectural communion with the stunning landscape. "The sea, the mountains of Rio, a magnificent landscape that I had to preserve... and I went up the building, adopting the circular shape that, in my view, the space required... I felt that the museum Would be beautiful and so different from the others that rich and poor would enjoy visiting it." by Oscar Niemeyer.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Av. Atlântica, 1702 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22021-001, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offered
Note: Upon request, by a message, we can pick you up and drop you off at your lodging location, including port Cruise, within a 15 km radius of the Meeting Point: Hotel Copacabana Palace, Av. Atlântica, 1702, CEP 22021 001, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro.The local supplier will confirm the exact time of your hotel pick-up by Phone or email.Ports
- Rio de Janeiro Port
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.