Muthurajawela Bird Watching Boat Tour
The Muthurajawela Wetlands is one of the best places to witness both the beauty and the benefits of a wetland Ecosystem. In addition to its biodiversity properties, the large extent of mangrove and other vegetation makes the wetland an ideal carbon sink that aids in climate cooling. This marsh is notable for its unique and highly diverse ecosystem and is listed as one of 12 priority wetlands in Sri Lanka which are believed to have originated about 7,000 years ago. You will do two hours boat ride in this fascinating wetland.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick up and drop off will be provided from most closely located hotels in Colombo or Mount Lavinia.
- Hotel pick up and drop off will be provided from a TUK TUK.
- English speaking guide through out the tour.
- Cost of the boat ride in Muthrajawela Wetlands.
- Light refreshments.
- All Government Taxes.
What's excluded :
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Muthurajawela Marsh, Negombo Sri Lanka
07.00 AM - You will be greeted and picked up by our TUK TUK driver and driven you to Muthurajawela Wetlands.
08.00 AM - On arrival to the starting point, our guide will give you a brief introduction about the boat tour and safety requirements. Thereafter you will start your boat ride with the intention of getting spot many birds as much as you can. The Muthurajawela Wetlands supports over 192 distinct species of flora and 209 distinct species of fauna, including Slender Loris, as well as another 102 species of birds. Some of the identified species have been shown to be indigenous to this beautiful marsh.
10.00 AM - After witnessing one of the priority wetlands in Sri Lanka, you will be taken back to your hotel by our TUK TUK driver.
11.00 AM - You will be dropped off to your hotel in Colombo.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Colombo, Colombo, Western Province
Pick up and drop off will be provided from most closely located hotels in Colombo.
Departure Point :Colombo, Sri Lanka
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up and drop off will be provided form most closely located hotels in Colombo.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please be ready at the hotel lobby 15 minutes before the pick up time.
- Please wear comfortable clothes for a boat ride.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.