Nahargarh Water Walk
The Walk will flow as the water flows. We will first enter the forest to see 300 years old channels designed to capture rainwater and convey to the fort. Here we will also see ancient roman aqueducts highlighting the seamless flow of technologies via Mughals to India and vice-versa. We will then move inside the fort to learn about how water is conveyed and stored inside the Fort. The walk will focus on different design elements, sophistication and cultural elements of ancient Jaipur and Rajasthan.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour Guide
What's excluded :
- Personal Expenses
Heritage Water Walk is a two-‐hour walk designed to understand the sacredness of water in Rajasthani culture and the wisdom of our ancestors. It uncovers the stories hidden in the majestic forts of Nahargarh and Amber--Stories of water, stories of people and stories of life as it evolved in the desert. Built-in 1734 during the reign of Sawai Jai Singh (1698-1740) to protect Jaipur City, the extensive water system of Nahargarh is one of the most significant features of the fort. The catchment area of water for Nahargarh, extending to about six kilometers in the surrounding forest, is a network of five catchments connected through a series of drains, aqueducts, and canals. Two step-wells and a small tank collect water to last for up to two years.
• Nahargarh Fort, Nahar Garh Road, Jaipur 302002 India
Departure Point :Nahargarh Fort, Krishna Nagar, Brahampuri, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302002, India
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.