NOLA History at St. Louis Cemetery #1 Tour
Your walking tour is about more than just the dead- you will learn the about the burial customs, traditions, and people that made New Orleans what it is today. Take a walk with us through New Orleans history seen through the eyes of those that have left us. Unique NOLA limits the number of people on a tour to 15- making it a more personal journey for you and your group.
1 to 2 hours
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - St. Louis Cemetery No. 1
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Louis Cemetery No. 1, 425 Basin St 3421 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112-3535
New Orleans’ Cemeteries offer more than beautifully ornate tombs- they are steeped in history both wicked and good. Created in 1789, St. Louis Cemetery #1 has stood for more than two hundred years, and within its maze lies the monuments of stories of New Orleans most famous- and infamous- residents.
Here you will see the tombs of New Orleans notables Marie Laveau, Home Plessey, and even the empty tomb of Nick Cage. No one should leave New Orleans without visiting one of our “cities of the dead.”
NOTE: You can not enter St Louis number one without a guided tour. The cemetery is closed to the public.
• Tour is designed to be 1.5 hours, but can run up to 2 hours.
• Check in is 15 minutes prior to start.
• For everyone’s courtesy, tours leave on time.
• Your tour guide will contact via text before tour to help you locate them.Extra Information
• Tour ends outside the cemetery gate, your guide will help with directions to your next destination.
• No restrooms are located in the cemetery.
• New Orleans weather changes drastically. Umbrellas are good for rain and shade on hot days.
• Comfy shoes should be worn will be standing and walking for 1.5 to 2 hours.
• Water is great to bring, but you definitely want water on warmer days. The cemetery is warmer inside.Starting Location
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :600 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- For social distancing, we will continue to take out much smaller groups than other tours (we always have!).
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.