Normandy D-Day Landing Beaches Day Trip with Cider Tasting & Lunch from Paris
Remember the victories and the losses of the D-Day landings with a tour of Normandy’s four most significant World War II sites. Visit a museum in a real German bunker on Utah Beach. Walk among memorials to 10,000 fallen at the American Cemetery, with a poignant view over Omaha Beach, where Allied forces faced terrible odds. The, experience this region’s rich culinary history with a two-course lunch and some local apple cider.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Cider and calvados tasting (not available on Sundays)
- Lunch plus 1 glass of cider
- All transfers in an air-conditioned coach
- Small groups of 25 people or fewer
- Entry/Admission - Musee du Debarquement Utah Beach
- Entry/Admission - Pointe du Hoc
- Entry/Admission - Cimetiere Americain de Colleville-sur-Mer
- Entry/Admission - Omaha Beach
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Musee du Debarquement Utah Beach, Plage de la Madeleine Utah Beach, 50480 Sainte-Marie-du-Mont France
You’ll join your expert guide in Paris aboard a comfortable, private coach. On the way to Normandy, learn the details of the Allied preparations for D-Day, the largest amphibious assault in history. Your guide, a fluent English-speaker, will stay with you throughout the tour to tell the story of the operation and answer questions from history buffs and curious minds.
On Utah Beach, your first stop, the Allies quickly defeated the German forces. You’ll visit an extraordinary D-Day museum housed in an old German bunker on the landing beach itself. The collection here brings home both the scale and the personal sacrifice involved in the operation, with an original B-26 airplane on display along with collections of soldiers’ letters home.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Office de Tourisme intercommunal de Grandcamp-Maisy, 26 quai Crampon, 14450 Grandcamp-Maisy France
Next, experience some of the culture and traditions of Normandy. Many Allied soldiers found shelter with local farmers. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to tour one, featuring a 17th-century barn, locally-made apple cider and traditional apple brandy. Lunch is served at a restaurant in a quiet port nearby.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pointe du Hoc, 14450 Cricqueville-en-Bessin France
After your meal, your coach takes you to Pointe du Hoc. From Pointe du Hoc, you’ll get a sense of the challenges the Allies faced, with views of the English Channel – and intimidating cliffs blocking access inland. Cliffs combined with enemy fire to make the landing at Omaha Beach a desperate battle for survival.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cimetiere Americain de Colleville-sur-Mer, 14710 Colleville-sur-Mer France
We’ll also have the opportunity to pay our respects to the fallen at the American Cemetery at Colleville-sur-Mer. The cemetery is located on a bluff that overlooks Omaha Beach, which was one of the landing beaches of the D-Day invasion. Theodore Roosevelt, Jr., son of President Theodore Roosevelt and a Medal of Honor recipient, is buried here together with the almost 10,000 soldiers who sacrificed their lives. Your guide will use the time spent driving to provide enriching commentary and answer questions, preparing you for each stop on the tour. You'll have time to look around the cemetery, visit the wall of the missing and awe-inspiring memorial, and look down upon Omaha, the beach where the Allies faced the stiffest resistance and suffered the most casualties.
The journey back to Paris gives you time to reflect on all you’ve seen – and the tremendous courage and sacrifice of those who fought here.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Omaha Beach, Avenue de la Liberation, Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer France
From the American Cemetery, you can see Omaha Beach, one of the landing beaches where many American soldiers are buried. Inside the Omaha Beach Visitor Centre, gain insight into the landings that did not fare accordingly to plan.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Place du Trocadero, Place du Trocadéro, 75016 Paris, France
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Make a note of specific dietary requirements in the 'Special Requirements' field when booking
- Near public transportation
- This tour is specifically crafted to respect safety measures and social distancing. Wearing masks is mandatory throughout the tour for all visitors from the age of 11, customers are requested to bring their own mask to the meeting point or access will be denied.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please note that the cider tasting is not available on Sundays.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You must present either proof of full vaccination (with an EMA-approved vaccine), proof of a Covid-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative test(PCR or antigen) taken no more than 48 hours before the activity starts
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.