Northern Light Safari on snowshoes
People have been fascinated by the Northern Lights since mankind has lived in the Arctic. When you experience this captivating play of lights, it becomes clear why the Sami, the indigenous people of Sweden, believed the Aurora Borealis to be the spirits of the deceased. You stand the best chance of seeing the Northern Lights between the months of September and April.
Could there be a better way to hunt for Auroras than with a great pair of snow shoes?
If you are interested in Northern Light Photography, your guide will have helpful advice for you. Before you get going, your guide will recommend the best settings for ISO, aperture and shutter speed to help enable you to take the best photos possible during the tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea - Organic
What's excluded :
1) Welcoming at MI.EKO BASECAMP and the sled dog kennel 8SeasonsHuskies
2) Tips on Northern Light photography
3) Picking right-sized snow shoes and poles
4) Going on the snow shoe tour to spot the Northern Lights
5) Organic coffee or tea and a snack at the campfire or in the grillkåta
Katharina and Johanna, who are operating the MI.EKO BASECAMP and the 8SeasonsHuskies kennel have been living in cozy Miekojärvi since 2011. Embracing the Arctic lifestyle, they know the best spots in the area and would love to share the beauty of their home village with you.
When you and your snow shoes are good to go, you will take your first steps at the beach of MI.EKO BASECAMP, walking out on the frozen lake Miekojärvi. Listen to the sound of crunching snow with each step you take. It might take a few minutes to get adjusted to your new footwear, but once you get the hang of it, you will find walking in snow shoes easy. Only the depth of the snow can make it challenging to move forward.
Returning to the MI.EKO BASECAMP after approximately 2 hours, you can warm up in the grillkåta (wooden tipi) around a crackling fire. Take a on reindeer fur and enjoy a hot organic coffee or tea and a snack.
Departure Point :MI.EKO BASECAMP, Miekojärvi 35, 956 92 Överkalix, Sweden
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.