Northern Lights and Stargazing:Small Group Tour with Local Guides from Reykjavik
Northern Lights Hunt
We pick you up and whisk you away from the city lights to where we predict the best sightings according to the cloud forecast. Our small tour group allows us to get off the beaten path and away from the crowds to enjoy the Northern Lights in serenity.*
Stargazing with telescope
While waiting for the lights we use our powerful stargazing telescope to explore crude details of the planets in our solar system and deep space phenomena lightyears away. We take photos of everyone under the lights, for free.
We spend our winters chasing Northern Lights weather, and our summers chasing Paragliding weather. We know our Icelandic weather! We are local sky enthusiasts and our small and personal tours are designed to make you feel like a part of our team and a part of Iceland.
per adult from
3 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Door-to-door pick up and drop-off at your accommodation in central Reykjavik
- 3-5-hour tour, depending on search conditions
- Photos of you under the Northern Lights
- Stargazing telescope and guidance
- Home made hot chocolate and Kleina (Icelandic pastry)
- Professional, informative and friendly local guides
- Small-group (max 14 people) in a modified super jeep
- Guide to guest ratio 1:7
- Unlimited re-try in case of non-sighting (within 2 years)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Perlan, Varmahlid 1 Oskjuhlid, Reykjavik 105 Iceland
Northern Lights exhibition center and look-out point. We may pass by there or stop briefly on the way out of the city for an extra look at how the clouds are moving.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
PICK UP TIMES:1. Sept.-30. Sept.: 9-9.30 pm1. Oct.-15. March: 8-8.30 pm16. March-15. April: 9-9.30 pm
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- PICK UP TIMES: 1. Sept.-30. Sept.: 9-9.30 pm 1. Oct.-15. March: 8-8.30 pm 16. March-15. April: 9-9.30 pm
- At 6.30pm each day we make our Go/NoGo decision according to weather and message you to CONFIRM OR CANCEL through the Viator system. As we have no other way of contacting you please make sure you contact us directly if you do not receive ANY message from us, before you start waiting for your pick up. If the tour is cancelled due to weather you can either re-schedule or receive a full refund.
- If you do not see the Northern Lights on your tour, you may re-book free of charge (subject to availability). You must confirm via e-mail.
- If The Customer fails to show up at pickup: No refund.
- If we cancel the tour, for any reason at any time, The Customer is eligible for a 100% refund. This does not include tours that are free re-runs (such as after non-sightings Northern Lights tours).
- Under no circumstances is The Customer eligible for a refund in part or full for a tour that was performed.
- We travel in modified superjeeps – Because the Earth is not Flat. Prepare for an adventurous activity tour rather than luxury!
- It is recommended that you wear thick, warm and windproof layers. You will spend a lot of time outside in the cold Icelandic night. To enjoy the night sky at it's best it is important to be able to stay warm outside. You can jump back in the vehicle once in a while to catch up on warmth
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.