Northern Lights Sailing
Witness the Northern Lights From The Sea – everyone needs to experience this phenomenon at some point in their lifetime. We have walked the extra mile to bring this experience to you with the utmost passion.
Our Northern Lights Sailing Experience is a 3 hour excursion that gives you the opportunity to see two arctic phenomenons, sailing through the arctic fjords, while having the chance to see the Northern Lights all while sailing onboard one of our comfortable catamarans. In the winter, the sun is replaced with the polar night, exchanging the light of the sun with saturated greens and purples of the aurora dancing above the sea.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided cruising tour onboard one of our comfortable catamarans
- Fresh quality coffee & a wide variety of premium tea
- Warm homemade fish soup from today’s fresh catch
- Easy sailing with possibility to ask questions around navigation
- Professional skipper with all commercial licenses
- Comfortable heated saloon with toilets
- Warm safety suits to stay dry & warm
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
We are very passionate about The Northern Lights and will do everything we can do to provide you with the most memorable experience while waiting for the sky to start dancing in the sky above you. There are many ways to enjoy nature’s best light show, but our favorite is to combine it with a warm, comfortable cruise through the fjords surrounding Tromsø.
Why watch the northern lights by boat instead of car you may ask? Sailing through the fjords in the polar night is a very unique and different experience than driving to a certain spot in a car or bus. We are able to keep moving with the lights, while being able to go inside to grab a fresh coffee, stay warm and enjoy the lights on the net of a spacious catamaran.
Our skippers and guides have the knowledge and first hand experience to keep you safe and comfortable while enjoying the dancing night sky. After hundreds of sailing tours in the area we have found the best spots in which we will have the highest chances to see the lights. Your skipper will also navigate to different areas depending on the weather forecast.
• Pukka Travels, Kirkegata 1, Tromso 9011 Norway
Departure Point :Kirkegata 1, 9008 Tromsø, Norway
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Meet up 10 minutes prior to departure
- We can not guarantee the Northern Lights, but we can guarantee a magical Arctic night in great company
- This tour has a minimum requirement of 6 participants to run
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.