Northern Lights Superjeep Tour from Reykjavik
This northern lights tour in Iceland takes you in an original superjeep out of town to avoid light pollution so as to observe this fascinating natural phenomenon also known as the Aurora Borealis. Given clear skies and a little bit of luck, sightings can occur from autumn to spring. The main 4X4 superjeeps are Land Rover Defenders and 6-door Ford Excursions. All are modified with big 40- or 46-inch wheels ready for the mighty challenge the tours offer every day, all year round! The jeeps are equipped with an extra fold-down step for easy accessibility, luxurious leather seats, air-conditioning, WiFi, GPS, first-aid kit, trackwell, and other sorts of security equipment. Behind the wheel on the tours are experienced driving guides that sure know how to maneuver such big jeeps in the wilderness and highways of Iceland. This 4-hour tour has a max of 6 passengers per superjeep.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- National park fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Free photos from the tour
What's excluded :
- Pick up outside of Reykjavik area
- Food and drinks
- The elders say that the harsher the night‘s frost, the more intense the colors will be. Swirling and swaying overhead, displays are usually greenish-yellow but white, red, and pink lights can also appear.
You will be picked up at your hotel at 8pm or 9pm (depending on the season) and taken out of Reykjavik right away to meet other superjeeps. From there the hunt starts. The direction and the next stop will always depend on the weather and the ‘aurora forecast’. You will be taken to the viewing locations where you are most likely to spot the northern lights. All effort will be made to take photos of you with the northern lights in the background, at no extra charge.
The northern lights superjeep tour is dependent on the weather and sky conditions, and the right is reserved to cancel at any time. If the evening tour goes ahead and the northern lights are not seen, you will be offered to try once again for free! If there is a need to cancel all your nights due to bad weather, you will get a full refund.
Make sure you book your northern lights in Iceland tour for your first night in town in order to maximize your chances of sightings. Please note that the size of your group can grow if there were several nights in a row canceled due to weather. A best effort is given to find northern lights for everyone!
You will return to your Reykjavík hotel around 12am or 1am.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up in any Hotel in Reykjavík area
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 1 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you do not see the northern lights, or if your tour is cancelled due to bad weather, you may rebook for another evening free of charge.
- If we need to cancel all your nights due to bad weather and you did not do the tour at all, you get a full refund (this will not apply if you did the tour and did not see the northern lights, or if your your second attempt is cancelled due to bad weather)
- Please contact us at +354 569 8000 around 5pm on the day of the tour to see if the tour is on
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.