Off we go
Spending a whole day travelling on horseback is truly Icelandic! At the beginning of the trip, you will be introduced to your two best friends for the day: your horses. While riding one of them, you will lead the other horse beside you and later on change. Our guides will explain to you how to do that comfortably. Riding Icelandic style with a “hand-horse” is certainly a unique and wonderful experience. During the ride, you will follow the Húseyjarkvísl stream and explore the glacial river delta Héraðsvötn, where you will see a wide variety of birds during the season. You will be enjoying the impressive panorama of the Skagafjörður mountains while tölting on nice and comfortable riding paths.
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- English speaking guide
- Plastic lunch boxes and saddle bags, to transport your food and drinks while riding.
- Rain Jackets/Trousers if required
- Riding Helmet
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hestasport - Reception, Vegamót, 560 Varmahlið, Iceland
Full day riding tour
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Skagafjarðarvegur, Iceland
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- In case you bring your own riding clothes and boots, they must be disinfected before you arrive. It is prohibited by Icelandic law to bring used riding gear including saddles, bridles, etc. into the country, as well as used leather riding boots, other leather riding wear or riding gloves. Riding clothes, rubber riding boots and any other gear should be machine-washed (min. 40°) or dry-cleaned (chemically cleaned), and disinfected with VirkonS®.
- Please bring your own packed lunch for a picknick during the ride
- We reserve the right to alter any itinerary in the guests' best interest and for reasons of safety. This will not reduce the quality of our tours!
- Please meet us at our office 20 minutes before the agreed time of departure.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.