One-day private tour in Mtskheta and Kazbegi from Tbilisi
In this Georgia one-day tour you will visit Mtskheta – the ancient capital of Georgian kings to enjoy the amazing beauty of the architecture of such ancient monasteries as Jvari and Svetitskhoveli. You will also visit Ananuri and Kazbegi. On the way there, you will visit a bewitching Ananuri complex located at the quiet waters of the Jinvali Lake, see the beauty of mountainous rivers and gorges of Kazbek, and enjoy the tranquility in the Gergeti church, which is the final destination of the journey. There you will get an amazing view on the village of Kazbegi and grand Mount Kazbek.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Sightseeing tour program with Certified guide
What's excluded :
- 4x4 Jeep service in Stepantsminda to reach the Gergeti trinity church
- At 09:30 am, our driver and guide will pick you up at Rustaveli Metro Station, It is located at Rustaveli square at the northern end of Rustaveli avenue. The tour begins with a visit to Jvari Church (6th -7th cc), the most important religious center and an architectural masterpiece of mediaeval Georgia. Enjoy breathtaking view from the church that towers over the city of Mtskheta. Continue to Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, known as the burial site of Christ's robe and the second largest church building in the country. The Cathedral has long been the principal Georgian church and remains one of the most venerated places of worship to this day.
You will continue the route and take over the Georgian Military Highway up North towards the border with Russia. Your first stop will be at Ananuri complex, a former residence of Argveti Dukes. The complex features churches and towers dating back to the 16-17th centuries, beautifully overlooking the Jinvali reservoir. Make a short stop at the Soviet-era “People’s Friendship” mountain view point overlooking a deep gorge of Caucasus mountain range. After reach Gergeti Holy Trinity Church located on altitude of 2170 m.
Departure Point :Rustaveli M/S, Kostava Str., T'bilisi, Georgia
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.