One-day scheduled tour of Chernobyl and Pripyat from Kiev
On this full-day tour from Kiev you will visit Chernobyl and learn about the tragic events that took place there.
This tour is run by ambitious patriots of Ukraine who believe that more people should discover the true Ukraine – its past, present, and future. Ukraine is strange, amazing, and charming, and offers a lot to see and experience. Try it, taste it, and feel it with tour guides who will help you make this adventure comfortable, interesting, and safe.
When your Chernobyl tour comes to an end, you will be safely transferred back to Kiev.
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Air-conditioned transport
- Entry/Admission - Duga Radar Russian Woodpecker
What's excluded :
- Lunch (220 UAH per person)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dytyatky, Kyiv Oblast, Ukraine, 07220
Dytyatky 30-km Zone Checkpoint
- passport control
- safety rules briefing
- entering the Zone, driving to Chernobyl. Along the way we will be driving through the abandoned villages of Cherevach and Zalissy, and passing by the Uzh river
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Chernobyl, Chernobyl, Kiev Oblast
Your will see that Chernobyl is virtually a usual Ukrainian small town, where the employees of the power plant and other Exclusion Zone state companies are based. Indeed, being here for the first time it’s hard to imagine that this town has something to do with the catastrophe of 1986.
- photo-stop at the Chernobyl sign
- a bus tour
- visiting the exposition of the robots and equipment which were in use to mitigate the catastrophe consequences
- The central square of Chernobyl. The memorial complex "Star Wormwood".
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kopachi, Kyiv Oblast, Ukraine
Visiting the kindergarten which is the only remaining building in the whole village. The rest of the facilities were buried in the ground. Kopachi village is located 4 km from the power plant. (depending on weather conditions, the location may not be included in the program, in wet weather it is better not to stop there, as there is a risk of putting a hot particle on the bus)
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Pripyat, Pripyat, Kiev Oblast
The abandoned town of Pripyat
- the Red Forest
- the Pripyat sign on entering the town
- the Death Bridge
- stop on the central square of the town, a walking tour
- Energetic Palace of Culture, Polissya Hotel (observation point)
- department store
- amusement park
- the Ferris Wheel (its inauguration day was planned for May 1st, 1986, but …)
- town hall which became the first headquarters of the governmental commission mitigating the consequences of the accident
- Prometheus Cinema
- river port, sinking pier
- kindergarten and school
- Pripyat swimming pool (officially it is forbidden to enter buildings!)
You will take tons of photos, get absolutely unforgettable impressions and feel really exceptional emotions!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Duga Radar Russian Woodpecker, Chernobyl Ukraine
Chernobyl-2 Secret Object. DUGA-1 over-the-horizon radar station
DUGA-1 object is one of the most well-known objects of the former USSR. Its exact name is in fact «5H32». The radar was supposed to detect air targets, like launched intercontinental ballistic missiles. The signal emitted by the radar reminded of a woodpecker hammering. For this reason, the object has been nicknamed “the Russian Woodpecker”.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Reactor No 4, Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, Chernobyl Ukraine
Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant industrial site
- photo-stop at the cooling pond
on the right one can see the unfinished reactors 5 and 6
as well as the huge cooling towers
on the left there are nuclear units 1, 2 and 3
and the New Safe Confinement, the so called “Arch”
- visiting the memorial next to the administrative building of the CHNPP
- feeding fish (depending on weather conditions, relevant from April to September)
- SHELTER-2 “Arch” from the observation point
You will see the New Safe Confinement at the distance of some 300 meters!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Symona Petlyury St, 28, Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
Departure Time :7:20 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- - What we recommend taking with you According to the Zone regulations, you are to wear: - a jacket or a shirt with long sleeves; - trousers (NO shorts, NO knee-breeches, NO skirts, NO leggings); - boots or sneakers, which fully cover your feet WITHOUT FANCY OPENINGS please.- do take bottled water and a snack as lunch is sometimes served very late in the day. You are to have your passport on you! WITHOUT PASSPORT NO ONE IS LET INTO THE ZONE! Persons under alcoholic/drug intoxication are not allowed to take a trip to the Zone
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- The program of the excursion can be changed depending on the length of a daytime, weather conditions and directions of Chernobyl administration.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.