Osaka Dotonbori Daytime Food Tour
Enjoy the best of Osaka's famous street food and hidden back alleys on this 3-hour Osaka Food Tour in the famous foodie neighborhood of Dotonbori & Namba! Experience an unforgettable stroll through the historical food streets of Osaka and eat like a local in the city known as “Japan’s Kitchen.” Your local expert will take you on an unforgettable eating excursion through the busy streets and the hidden, less frequented parts of South Osaka. The tour kicks off in the busy Dōtonbori area where we will learn about Glico man, a Filipino sprinter named Fortunato Catalon who inspired a nation and a company! Similar to Shibuya (its counterpart in Tokyo) the sights and sounds of Dōtonbori often lead you astray to overly-commercialised restaurants with queues of tourists outside. We want to take our guests to places they would certainly miss without local guidance. We will take secret alleys not long after we begin the tour toward the shrine hidden from sight for the average passerby.
per adult from
What's included :
- Try local dishes at 4 food stops
- 1 Drink
- Traditional Japanese Dessert
- Local English speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up not included (can be arranged for an additional charge)
- Transportation costs
- Additional drinks or food (not included but possible to purchase at guest expense)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dotombori Glico Sign, 1-10-2, Dotombori, Chuo, Osaka 542-0071 Osaka Prefecture
Starting on the the bright and busy Doutonburi area we will learn about Glico man, a Filipino sprinter named Fortunato Catalon who inspired a nation and a company!
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Dotonbori, Chuo Ward, Osaka, 542-0071, Japan
Similar to Shibuya (its counterpart in Tokyo) the lights and sounds of Dotounburi often lead you astray to overly-commercialised restaurants with queues of tourists outside. We want to take our guests to places they would certainly miss without a local's guidance. We will take secret alleys, not long after we begin the tour, toward the shrine wedged out of sight from the average passerby.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Minami (Namba), Namba, Chuo, Osaka 542-0076 Osaka Prefecture
Enjoy Osaka's famous street food on this 3-hour food tour
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Hozenji Yokocho, 1, Namba, Chuo, Osaka 542-0076 Osaka Prefecture
Pass By: Sennichimae Doguyasuji Shopping Street, 5-19 Nambasennichimae, Chuo, Osaka 542-0075 Osaka Prefecture
Sennichimae Doguyasuji Shotengai
Pass By: Kuromon Market, 2-4-1, Nippombashi, Chuo, Osaka 542-0073 Osaka Prefecture
Pass By: Misono Building, Japan, 〒542-0074 Osaka, Chuo Ward, Sennichimae, 2-chōme−3−９ 2 542 0074
Departure Point :Starbucks, 1-chōme-8-19 Dōtonbori, Chuo Ward, Osaka, 542-0071, Japan
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Sennichimae, Chuo Ward, Osaka, 542-0074, Japan
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Passport information copy is required for kids 10 and above.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Accepts Single Travelers
- Same-day Booking available
- Food changes (Season/Availability)
- Changes to tours and spots we visit may occur due to schedules of restaurants, public holidays, weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances. Applicable substitutions will be made in this case.
- Vegetarian, Vegan, Pescetarian, Shellfish free, Pork-meat free friendly
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.