Otavalo Indian Market Private Day Tour
Protect your family and avoid unnecessary crowds... Don't waste your valuable time waiting for large tour-groups and make your day on your own way! Do an unforgettable excursion escorted by a private and knowledgeable local tour guide, and enjoy the visit to the biggest Indian Market of South America, from the comfort of a private tour! Enjoy this colourful and welcoming culture, visiting its main surrounding areas and attractions. Have a relaxing and memorable day trip during your stay in Quito!
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Certified English speaking guide
- Mentioned itinerary and visits
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Volcan Imbabura
- Entry/Admission - Laguna Cuicocha
What's excluded :
- Extra expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Volcan Cayambe, Cayambe Ecuador
Our departure is at 8:00 a.m., from your hotel in Quito, towards the colourful town of Otavalo and to the most famous Indian fair in South America! We take the Pan-American Highway, which takes you through spectacular mountain scenery, to enjoy spectacular views of people and communities, while conducting their activities and daily life! Our first stop is at the viewpoint of Pisque River, form where you'll see the majestic snow-capped volcanoes Cayambe (5.790 m - 18,996 ft) and Cotopaxi (5.890 m - 19,324 ft). Also, it will be possible to spot large plantations of roses, and very fertile farmlands.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Volcan Imbabura, Otavalo Ecuador
Before going to Otavalo, you will visit the popular viewpoint of San Pablo Lake, located at the foothills of Imbabura Volcano (4.630 m - 15,190 ft).
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Otavalo Market, Plaza de los Ponchos, Otavalo 100450 Ecuador
You continue your journey and then we arrive at the Otavalo Indian Market or "Plaza de Ponchos", showing varied handmade indigenous crafts. There you'll have time off to hang around the market, and to make the best choices buying unique souvenirs!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Iglesia Matriz, Bolivar Street, Cotacachi 100350 Ecuador
After having lunch you'll visit the Cotacachi village, well-known as the “music capital of Ecuador”, rich in the production of fine leather garments, which are displayed and sold in small shops along the center of the city.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Laguna Cuicocha, Cotacachi 100450 Ecuador
Before we return to Quito, you´ll visit the stunning crater lake of Cuicocha, located in the Cotacachi volcano (4.944 m - 16,220 ft). Then we start our way back to Quito, where you'll arrive approximately at 5:00 p.m.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up from your hotel or address, within Quito's district, at 8:00 a.m.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- 12 C° - 24 C° / 53,6 F° - 75,2 F
- It is responsibility of every traveler that he/she is adequately insured against personal accidents and medical expenses during his/her trip to Ecuador, as well as having travel cancellation and baggage insurance to protect him/her.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Our guides and drivers will follow vehicle cleaning and personal care protocols, with disinfectant products during the tour.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.