Otavalo Private Day Tour
Otavalo, the handicraft capital of Ecuador, is a beautiful and vigorous city. It is home to a large indigenous population located in the Imbabura Province, with approximately 92,000 inhabitants. Otavalo is surrounded by the Imbabura, Cotacachi, and Mojanda volcanoes. This is a gorgeous and enchanted town in which you will enjoy a cultural tour and discover the famous indigenous market, along with some of the amazing attractions in locations near Otavalo. An English speaking guide will stay with you the whole tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional tourism driver
- Transportation from and to Quito’s hotel (urban zone)
- Meals (1x hot chocolate or coffee with Biscochos, 1x lunch)
- Activities as described in the itinerary.
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
- Entry/Admission - Condor Park
What's excluded :
- All extra expenses for activities, food and drinks
- Optional tips for the guide
- The extra charge of $ 40 (for the round trip per group) must be paid directly to the driver
- Extra fee of $ 20 to add the Cuicocha crater lagoon to the itinerary
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lago San Pablo, Ecuador
You will be picked at your hotel in Quito, and your journey will begin. After approximately 2 hours, your first stop will be at the San Pablo lake, where you will be amazed by the beautiful views of the landscape. Coffee or hot chocolate will be served, along with local biscochos at Lago San Pablo.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Condor Park, Otavalo Ecuador
From San Pablo lake, you will be driven to Condor Park, which takes about 20 minutes to reach. At arrival, you will visit this park home of birds rescued from illegal captivity or unsuitable environments. Your guide will explain a little bit more about the park and what they do. Later, you will enjoy a bird show with Eagles and Hawks.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Otavalo Market, Plaza de los Ponchos, Otavalo 100450 Ecuador
After a 20 minute drive, you will reach Otavalo’s market, also known as 'Plaza de Ponchos'. Here you will be able to discover the beauty and diversity of handicrafts that Otavalo produces, from alpaca sweaters to traditional jewelry, and of course, you can get some souvenirs. After visiting the market you will enjoy a delicious local lunch.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cascada de Peguche, Via a Peguche, Peguche, Otavalo 100451 Ecuador
After a 15 minute drive from Otavalo, you will get to Peguche waterfall, your final point of the tour. You will be able to appreciate the beauty of this waterfall, and also the nature that surrounds it. Alternatively, you could also visit to Cotacachi’s leather town, instead of Peguche's waterfall. Cotacachi is well known for its leather goods and handicrafts. At around 4:00 PM, you will return back to Quito.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Transportation included is from and to Quito’s hotel, located in the Quito urban Zone. It does not include Valleys, Tababela or hotels close to the airport. The extra charge (check Exclusions section for price for the round trip per group) must be paid directly to the driver.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- The Condor Park is closed every Monday and Tuesday
- Due to extra paperwork to enter the Cuicocha crater lagoon there is an extra fee (check Exclusions section). We also need 5 work days to arrange the paperwork.
- Time Disclaimer: We recommend this private tour to start no later than 08:00 am because you will enjoy the tour at a good pace and you will not miss out on any activities. If you choose for a later departure time it might be possible that you will miss some activities due to traffic or other circumstances.
- In order to process your reservation please help us with all this information:
- Pick-up location and time: Please let us know what time (between 7am and 9:30) and where is the pick-up on.
- Whatsapp phone number (in case you use Whatsapp and would like us to contact you that during your stay via Whatsapp)
- For all guests: Passport numbers, Date of birth, Nationality, Medical restrictions.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Travelers must bring with them extra sanitary items to be used during the entire tour. Transportation: Passengers will be seated skipping a place to maintain the distance required. Medicine: Travelers should bring their medications from their countries.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.