Ourika Valley Atlas Mountains | Shared Day Trip From Marrakech
Ourika valley day trip is the closest day trip destination from Marrakech, due to its many waterfalls and wonderful nature, it is a very popular attraction, the Ourika valley spreads between the first foothills of the Atlas Mountains. Despite it being so close to Marrakech, this beautiful lush green valley is definitely one of the best-preserved valleys in Morocco. At about 64km from Marrakech, which has the best skiing station in Morocco and interesting prehistoric rock carvings. making It a useful starting/finishing point for trekkers. So this day trip to the picturesque village of Ourika will allow you to experience some of the beauty of the North African countryside without sacrificing the comforts of your hotel or riad. Going around the valley takes a bit of effort and good shoes and comfy clothes, there is a little bit of climbing rocks here and there to reach all the seven waterfalls of Setti Fatma. All treks are led and supervised by qualified and experienced guides.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ourika Valley, Ourika Morocco
OURIKA VALLEY DAY TRIP DESCRIPTION:
Your Ourika valley day trip starts at 09 am from your accommodation in Marrakech. After a short drive from Marrakech into the foothills of the Atlas Mountains. We will take the road along the valley of Ourika, then you enter through a succession of clinging mountain villages. stop to see wonderful landscapes full of vibrant colors as we move through the hillsides. Our first stop will be in a traditional house of a Berber family who lives in the valley. The family often open their home to visitors who wish to enjoy their surroundings, the family will offer us tea and serve us their local breakfast which consists of bread, honey, butter, and olive oil. Ourika day trip from Marrakech will give you the chance to ride camels for half an hour deeper in the valley. Later on, we will continue our tour to reach Setti Fatma, a favorite weekend destination for many Moroccans. Highly appreciated for its beautiful streams and 7 waterfalls, beautiful cliffs, green valleys. You will explore a region that still practices a medieval agricultural tradition. Walk around the valley to take photos of the views of green terraces, surrounding the Atlas mountains, hike with a local guide to the first waterfall. After the hike we go back for lunch in a nice restaurant with a beautiful view of the mountains, lunch will be composed of a variety of Moroccan dishes (Vegetarians are welcome). Then we return to Marrakech around 05 pm.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
This is a shared day trip from Marrakech to the Ourika Vally in a small group of travelers from all over the world.Pick-up at your hotel or riad in Marrakech
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 17 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.