Outlander Day Tour from Glasgow or Edinburgh
Experience Scotland on this 8 - 10 hour day tour visiting the main filming locations that brought Diana Galbaldon's Outlander series to life. Are you a Jacobite or a Sassenach? Join this tour to find out.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Admission Fees
- Entry/Admission - Midhope Castle
- Entry/Admission - Blackness Castle
- Entry/Admission - Doune Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Midhope Castle, Near Abercorn, South Queensferry, Edinburgh EH52 6QZ Scotland
Midhope Castle is one of the most iconic locations for any Outlander fan since it featured as Lallybroch in the TV show. We organise a "walk down" to the castle to allow you the opportunity to take in all the beautiful surroundings and other Outlander sites of interest.
Please note that since Midhope Castle sits on a private working estate, and as such there may be times where access is denied out with our control and this is usually down to health and safety concerns if any dangerous activities are taking place on the estate. For respect to the local residents who reside next door the castle, the estate has denied access to the property between the months of December and April 2019. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused but the tours will carry on as planned and we will still visit the other wonderful locations.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Blackness Castle, Blackness, Linlithgow EH49 7NH Scotland
Blackness Castle featured as Fort William in the Outlander Series. On arrival, We will visit the inside of the castle where initially your guide will provide a short history and Outlander demonstration. You will then be allocated time to enjoy the rest of the castle at your leisure.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Falkland Community Hall, Back Wynd, Falkland, Cupar KY15 7BX, UK
We visit the picturesque village of Falkland which featured as Inverness in the filming of Outlander. We tend to have lunch whilst here and take the opportunity to explore the Village Square and quaint shops dotted around. We do not visit Falkland Palace while here however, during our lunch break, those who wish to visit it, can do so and meet back up with the group afterwards.
We do not visit Falkland in the Winter months due to winter opening hours at some of the other properties we visit and shorter daylight hours. We substitute Linlithgow Palace in its place.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Doune Castle, Castle Hill, Doune, Stirling FK16 6EA Scotland
Doune Castle featured as Castle Leoch which was the macKenzie Castle in Outlander, home to Collum and Dougal. We visit inside the castle where your guide will give you a brief history demonstration before allowing you to explore the castle on your own using the audio guides (included in your entrance ticket to the castle).
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Royal Burgh of Culross, A985, 4 Miles East of the Kincardine Bridge, Culross KY12 8JH Scotland
Culross was used for 3 seasons so far of Outlander and is rumered again for filming Season 5. It is most famous as being the location for Crainesmuir where Geillis Duncan lived. This is the last stop on our itinerary and we spend it walking through the old 17th century street towards the Mercat Cross and a quick visit to the Townhouse where you will receive a quick talk on Culross's past as well as having the chance to delight in the beautiful imagery by resident photograher Graham Harris Graham.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: 266 George St, Glasgow G1 1QX, UK
2: Station Rd, Dalmeny, South Queensferry EH30 9JU, UK
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.