Oxford Walking and Biking Tour
This 3-hour complete Oxford experience gives you a chance to cover over 1000 years of Oxford history and see the best parts of the city on foot and by bicycle. See this historic city combining the biking and walking experience into one intimate insight into the most beautiful and exclusive sites that Oxford has to offer. Bike is available for you to use the whole day.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Full-day use of bicycle
What's excluded :
- The Oxford walking and bikingh tour combines the best of both worlds. Being on foot for part of the tour allows you to not only go into pedestrian areas, such as the Christ Church meadows, but also to go inside the colleges. The tour will visit some of Oxford’s oldest colleges, detailing their development throughout history, as well as the fun and curious aspects of this route.
The tour will, additionally, enter the Bodleian Library. Established in 1602 it is undoubtedly the academic heart that keeps Oxford running. An organizational marvel soaked in history along with some modern elements. For example, a recent law requires it to catalogue certain websites to monitor social development (please note: this does not include cat videos, to pre-empt any questions!). When possible, the tour will also visit Divinity School, with its spectacular fan vaulted architecture and theological symbols.
Following this you are able to head down towards Christ Church, one of the most famous colleges in Oxford, before getting on the bikes.
Once on the bikes you head over to arguably the centre of Oxford University, Radcliffe Square, with the famous Radcliffe Camera which dominates the landscape. After admiring the hideous grotesques, discussing the application process to Oxford University and the most prestigious college, you head over to a door which would play a role in the Chronicle of Narnia. A bike down to the southern part of Oxford brings us to Magdalen College, formally home to Oscar Wilde and C S Lewis, whilst this area also presents a lovely view of the Botanic Gardens.
Heading north you discuss the Examination School and those infamous Oxford exams, the oldest College at Oxford before passing the New Bodleian Library and explaining the creation of Rhodes Scholarships.
The tour culminates in passing the Eagle and Child Pub of Tolkien fame and Jericho, the trendiest part of Oxford, before arriving at Port Meadow, also your guides' favourite part.
The tour is delivered in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Big Tolkien fan? Great, this will be covered in more detail. Love or hate Harry Potter, it’s no problem to tailor this at the start. All tours are made with the consideration of you, the visitor, in mind.
The tour also includes full-day hire of the bike, so that you can carry on hunting down those picturesque pubs and river paths that the city has to offer.
Departure Point :5 Broad St, Oxford OX1 3AJ, UK
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A moderate amount of biking is involved
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable shoes
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.