Palenque Archaeological Site with Agua Azul and Misol-Ha from Palenque
Take in the beauty of the mountain landscapes around Palenque on a day trip to Cascadas de Agua Azul and Misol-Ha. You'll descend on foot to the stunning waterfalls, with time for swimming in a deep pool at the base of jungle-covered cliffs (if the weather allows). Travel on an air-conditioned vehicle round-trip or opt for our drop-off option in San Cristobal. Enjoy this half-day tour or upgrade for a full-day tour that includes the archaeological ruins of Palenque.
per adult from
6 to 14 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide only in Palenque Site
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Palenque Ruins tour (if option selected)
- Entrance Fee
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica de Palenque
- Entry/Admission - Cascadas de Misol-Ha
What's excluded :
- Palenque Ruins tour (if option not selected)
- Guide in waterfalls
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zona Arqueologica de Palenque, Carretera a Palenque- Zona Archaeologica Km. 8, Palenque 29960 Mexico
After pickup from your hotel in Palenque city, you will travel to the Archaeological site of Palenque. Located in the middle of lush vegetation, the UNESCO World Heritage site served as one of the most important ceremonial centers of the Maya culture during the Classic period. Almost 200 years before the pre-Columbian ruins were discovered in the 18th century, the nearby city was named by the Spanish — a literal translation of the Ch’ol word otulún, which means fenced or fortified place.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Cascadas de Misol-Ha, Carretera Ocosingo Reserva de la Biósfera Montes Azules, Palenque Mexico
Misol Ha has over 35 meters high, the sunning “sweeping water” empties into a deep calm pool at the base of jungle-covered cliffs.
Guide not included
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Agua Azul, Chis., Mexico
Enjoy the beauty of the mountain landscapes and the wonderful Agua Azul Falls. This place consists of many waterfalls following one after another. The larger waterfall may be as high as 6 meters (20 feet). The perfect place to make beautiful photos. If the weather allows, you will have time for swimming in the crystal falls water.
You will have time to taste the food of any restaurant on your own.
Guide not included
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Palenque, Palenque, Southern Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up in any hotel located in Palenque Downtown.
Return Detail :San Cristobal de las Casas, Chis., Mexico
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please keep in mind this tour may finish in Palenque or San Cristobal (depending on the option you selected), due to this, at the end of the tour, the whole group will wait around 30 minutes to be transferred to another unit that will continue to the ending point.
- The transfers and waterfalls are without guiding assistance
- Guide is only included in Palenque Archaeological site
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Palenque Archaeological site for the moment has a schedule from 10:00 am to 03:00 pm
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.