Paramount full day hike
Depart from Huaraz to Caraz the last city of Callejon de Huaylas valley and then we will take the unpaved road until the trek starts (Laguna Paron), in total about 3 hours with the final parts within the conservation area of Huascarán National Park. On the shore of Laguna Paron is the parking point of our vehicle.
The trail starts along the northern shore of Laguna Parón until near the end of the lake, then we will take a path that heads towards the valley towards Artesonraju (also known as “Paramount”). In this part we will be crossing several rivers and streams to reach the path that leads to the Artesoncocha lake (4,290m). From the lake we have the opportunity to climb a little higher to get even better panoramic views of the mountains that surround us (mountains called Caraz, Artesonraju, Paria, Garcilaso, Chacraraju and Pisco). This charming place is the point for our lunch and then return along the same path to our vehicle that is waiting to take us back to Huaraz.
per adult from
11 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Laguna Paron
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Laguna Paron, Huascaran National Park Cordillera Blanca, Caraz Peru
A full day tour relatively of little physical demand, the route includes an almost flat road along Lake Paron, which is famous for being the largest and longest lake in the Cordillera Blanca and the hike includes the journey through the valley to the Artesoncocha lake, which is located just below a set of glaciers of the snowy peaks called: Garcilazo, Paria and Artesonraju; the latter also known as the “Paramount”. This tour will take you through one of the most spectacular and beautiful valleys of the Cordillera Blanca and that is not even very besieged by tourists in large numbers as it is in Laguna 69 for example.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If you are not ready at the pick-up time, we are not responsible for you losing the tour.
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.