Pedra da Gavea Private Hike - Best Prices - Small Groups
If you are a outdoor enthusiast or regular hiker, you will love this activity. Gavea is one of the highest mountains in Rio, and probably has the best views. The 2.5 hours hike to the summit is not for anyone. Travelers must be in good physical conditions as the trail is steep and at some point, we have to do a little climbing, and will wear climbing gear for safety purposes. The tour includes a private car and bilingual guide, pick up and drop off and safety gear. Customers must take with them the following: backpack with plenty of water, snacks, fruits and sandwiches, wear sunscreen, a hat or a cap, comfortable shoes and clothes. It is an unforgettable adventure and no one should miss it !
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Climbing gear included
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks are not included
Our Pedra da Gavea Hiking Tour in Rio de Janeiro, happens between São Conrado and Barra da Tijuca neighborhoods, right on the coast of Rio de Janeiro city, in the Tijuca Forest National Park, on a legendary monolith with the face of an ancient giant, rising 842 meters (aprox. 2762 feet) above the sea level. It is one of the world’s largest monolith on a coastline. Pedra da Gavea is an enormous rock surrounded by native, lush vegetation, in the Atlantic Rainforest. This massive rock is composed of gneiss and granite, and because of its location, it has been eroded by the elements.
Our Pedra da Gavea Hiking Tour in Rio de Janeiro is indicated only to regular hikers in good physical conditions. It takes around 2 hours to reach the summit and the use of climbing gear is needed at some point, for safety reasons. The climbing part is short and easy, and no previous experience is required. The trail is steep but doable for regular hikers but can be a bit challenging for travelers without experience, or for casual hikers . Once there at the summit, the most beautiful view of the city can be contemplated.
• Rio Adventures, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 24342-280 Brazil
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up customers from 7 am to 7:30 am
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- minimum age 16
- not recommended for travelers with knee problems
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.