Penang: Orang Utan Island & City Flexible 6 hours Fun
A 6 hours day tour, starting with a visit to Orangutan Sanctuary Island on mainland Peninsular Malaysia to see some 17 Orangutan up close and personal. Get to know them by names - BJ (Alpha), Adam, Hiroshi, Manu and others. We, the human, are being enclosed, not the orangutan. They may weigh up to 300 kilogram and be careful, they have the strength up to 7 adults! They shared some 97% of human DNA too! No wonder they are fun to watch.
Upon returning to Penang Island, the afternoon is flexible itinerary. Among others you can visit a wet market to see unique produce and sample some exotic and fusion local foods. Enjoy street arts and view the unique house on water at clan jetty. Drive through George Town's World Unesco Heritage enclave - heritage houses, clan houses with people still living in. See George Town's diverse multi-racial cultures who live harmoniously side by side of each other along the same street. Talk to your tour guide on the options for the rest of the available time.
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Professional Guide
- Transportation by Private Vehicle
- Parking Fees
What's excluded :
- Foods and Drinks
- Entrance tickets
- Train/Lift Tickets
- Entry/Admission - Orang Utan Island
Stop At: Orang Utan Island, Jalan Bukit Merah, Semanggol 34400 Malaysia
This island is being setup to let visitors experienced first-hand awareness and education on orangutan, to a recognized
ex-situ conservation facility and referral center for the endangered Bornean orangutan. Orang Utan Island is geared to serve as a temporary holding facility for those orangutans rescued from illegal possession and or trade before being returned to their natural habitat, with mechanisms in place to treat, care and rehabilitate those orangutans assessed unfit for immediate return to the wild.
We drive over to mainland Peninsular Malaysia using South East Asia's longest bridge, some 24 km long, to visit the 35 acres Orangutan Sanctuary Island on mainland Peninsular Malaysia. See Orangutan up close and personal. Once we arrive at the edge of a man-made lake, take a 10 minutes boat ride over to the man-made island. On this Orangutan island, we, the human, are being enclosed, not the orangutan. The male alpha Orangutan, can weigh up to 300 kilogram and can have the strength up to 7 adult humans! There are up to 17 Orangutan staying here and get to know some of them - BJ, Adam, Hiroshi, Manu etc. Every Orangutan have their own personality and they shared some 97% of us human DNA too! They use tools and no wonder they are fun to watch.
Tour hours spend = Journey - 2 hours, actual visit - 1 hour
Entrance ticket = Adult USD10.00, Child USD5.00
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Jelutong, Jelutong, Penang Island, Penang
Batu Lanchang Hawker Center and Wet Market for a fusion lunch/afternoon tea, plus an unique experience on how the local go about their daily afternoon marketing. Learn about all the unique local fishes and vegetable sold here.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Pengkalan Weld 59A, Chew Jetty, George Town, Penang Island 10300 Malaysia
Busy, scenic destination featuring a traditional village of rustic houses on stilts over the water. Stroll on the plank walkway to see locals go about their daily life on the jetty, take nice pictures of harbor view, iconic Penang Ferry and Penang Bridge and buy a trinket or two.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Street Art in George Town, Street Art in, Penang Island 10300 Malaysia
Lithuanian artist Ernest Zacharevic is leaving his mark with beautiful wall painting of children all across historical Georgetown. The artworks are funny, fascinating, and very much open to everyone’s interpretations. See magical street arts created by Ernest like “Children on Bicycle”, “Boy on Motorcycle”, “Dinosaur” and “Climbing Wall”.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in Penang Island, Penang Cruise Port and Penang International Airport.Airports
- Penang Intl Airport, Malaysia
- Port Swettenham Penang
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- We follow strictly the latest Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and guidelines from Malaysian National Security Authority and Ministry of Health Malaysia.