“Petiscos” cooking experience & Market Tour
With the help of a native chef, you will discover the unique flavors of Madeiran cooking while learning about local traditions. As part of the experience, you will be guided on the local market by a qualified tour guide, discover exótico ingredients and learn to cook 5 typical dishes.
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Let yourself be guided to the Regional Market, by a qualified tour guide, born on the island of Madeira, who best knows local fruit, flowers, vegetables and fresh fish and learn the history and traditions behind them.
After a short 5m.walk form the market, the “petiscos” cooking experience begins at the barbecue area of a lovely restaurant, located in the historic center.
At its most basic “Petisco” is a small bite but with a world of knowledge, tricks and tips behind is preparation. Small bites pack a powerful punch when it comes to “Petisco”.
From simple garlic butter or grilled limpets to emblematic beef on the skewer or local fish espada with fried banana, or even local fresh tuna with madeira dressing, the world of “petiscos” is demystified and made easy and fun in our cooking experience.
Learn the basics and beyond, so you can pick a few tricks for your home kitchen.
Each cooking experience ends with a delicious lunch and carefully chosen Portuguese wines.
Qualified tour guide
Expert Chef Instructions
Lunch comprised of dishes made in class
Selection of local wines and digestif
• Mercado dos Lavradores, Rua Brigadeiro Oudinot, Funchal, Madeira 9060-209 Portugal
• Espada fish served with fried banana
• Beef of a skewer (espetada)
• “Bolo do caco” with garlic butter
• Tuna fish in Madeira dressing
• All drinks included
• Grilled limpets
Departure Point :Farmers' Market, Mercardo dos Lavradores Loja 2, 9060-157 Funchal, Portugal
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our guides were trained by Tourism of Portugal and the company was assigned Clean and safe
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.