Pompeii Ruins and Mt Vesuvius Volcano 4x4 Sightseeing Tour
This full day excursion takes you to visit the widest and one of the most important archeological Unesco site of our days: the ancient roman ruins of the city of Pompeii and takes you also up to Mount Vesuvius one of the biggest active volcano in Europe at 1300 meters height, dominating the entire Bay of Naples.
Pick up and drop off by minibus or minivan at your hotel or at a nearest meeting point in Sorrento city centre, pick up exact time will be confirmed at time of booking (approx around 9:00 am).
*Accompanied by a licensed local driver and by a licensed local guide*.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation by minibus or minivan with a licensed driver
- Transportation by minibus or minivan up to Vesuvius
- Alpine guide on top of the Vesuvius
- Guided visit of Pompeii’s archaeological excavations by a licensed local guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee Pompeii ruins site € 15 p.p.
- Entrance fee Vesuvius site € 10 p.p.
- Lunch, drinks, snacks, general tips
- Anything not included in the terms & condition
- Pick and drop off by minibus or minivan at your hotel, or at a nearest meeting point in Sorrento city centre, pick up exact time will be confirmed to you after booking (pick up is approx around 9:00 am).
Departure from Sorrento to reach Pompeii city archeological excavations (about 1 hour drive), in 2 hours a local licensed tour guide will reveal to you the secrets of this beautiful and charming ancient roman city destroyed by the eruption of the volcano in the 79 B.C.
You will discover the beauties of this roman archeological site walking through history: passing by Abundance Street, through imperial forums, temples, thermal baths, roman villas and theatres…
A break of about 1 hour will be arranged for lunch and rest to recharge in order to proceed to the volcano Mount Vesuvius - National Park, located at about 5 kms distance from Pompeii archeological site.
After the lunch/rest break, you will reach by minibus or minivan the Vesuvius parking area located at about 900 meters altitude, you will than start and enjoy on foot a beautiful walk up to the top of about 20 minutes, to reach the crater area at 1300 meters altitude
Once you will arrive at the top of the crater an expert Alpine-Volcano Guide will illustrate the monitoring and the history of its numerous and famous volcanic eruptions.
At about 5:00 pm you will start the transfer back to Sorrento and drop off.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Infant rates apply - provided they do not occupy a seat
- Not recommended if suffering from seriuos diseases
- Our tours are subject to Terms & Conditions
- Hotel transfers on the day of the tour can be made by either: minibus or minivan or private car according to the logistic & transport department taking into account hotels street maps, locations and availability of the vehicles of the moment.
- MAKE SURE YOU SHOW YOUR TOUR
- TO THE DRIVER ON PICK UP IN THE MORNING TO MAKE SURE YOU BOARD THE RIGHT VEHICLE FOR THE RIGHT TOUR.
- Please make sure you are
- in case the minimum number of participants for the booked group tour is not reached, we reserve the right to offer you alternative solutions: change of date - or an upgrade in order to be able to switch you on a similar tour - or a full refund back to you in any solutions is not suitable for you.
- any money or cash balance with reference to the tour and/or any payments regarding extra services to be paid on the day of the tour (example: hotel transfer fee for hotel outside Sorrento town centre or any tour balances)
- issue any cash payments to drivers unless specified so by the tour agency in writing on your voucher. We do not take any responsibility for any personal initiative in breech with our procedures terms & conditions causing a financial loss, the balance due will be requested and will have to be settled in any case to you.
- by Boat-Jet-Ferry-Bus-Minibus-Minivan-Car and/or any technical issues with reference to port authority/coastal guards/inspections/breakdowns/strikes/weather and sea conditionsÃ‚Â that could occur out of our tour agency hands, power and responsibility, will be dealt in and for your interest in the best way possible, and your return to Sorrento starting point will be guaranteed with an alternative mean of transportation to comply with our services.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.